Mini Crib

cskme_

Reaction score
After rearranging my spare bedroom/nursery about 3 times I have come to realize a regular size crib is not going to fit very comfortably. I found a really cute mini crib on Amazon and I might go ahead and order it.
Does anyone have any experience with mini cribs or know someone that has? Or is anyone planning on buying one? I just want to know if it's really super tiny and if it's livable and for approx how long? The one I found turns into a day bed and eventually a twin size bed.
Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B002GWVZEK/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

We have the same issue. We have a small 3-bedroom home and (soon to be) 3 kids. My youngest is excited to share her bedroom, but it is so very tiny. She has previously shared her room with our "bonus" baby... but she slept in a playpen. That took up enough space as it was-- a crib is just not going to fit in there. It won't even fit in our room, for that matter.

I'd only seen the bare-bones mini cribs before and they weren't super impressive... but I was leaning toward one of them just to have something sturdier than a playpen for long term use. However, we went to a local a closeout store the other day and when I walked in some associates were putting together a mini crib for a pregnant customer. It looked exactly like the one you linked (only in a darker finish) and it was gorgeous. It looked just like a real crib but smaller. I watched the employees for a bit and tried to get a feel for it. I honestly think that it would be a great solution for a smaller space. Most cribs are way big for little babies anyway. In person this looks plenty big enough but without any wasted space. I'm pretty sure that's what we will be purchasing for our little one. :)

ETA: I forgot to add, it looked like it would fit about as long as you would need it to in normal circumstances. I've never had a kid that slept in a crib longer than 2 years... If someone needed a crib for longer that, then something bigger might be necessary.

We bought a mini crib for our room as in the uk is recommended babies sleep in with parents till at least 6 months. Our room really was tight for space so it seemed a perfect solution as they claimed baby could fit in it up to 2 years. Only issue for us was that our dd turned out to be extremely long so was totally filling it by 9 months. Probably could have carried on using it for another month or two but she looked really squashed up. Wasn't a huge issue for us as we were already expecting our next child by then so will be reusing it with a new mattress. I personally wouldn't buy one again though purely as we had the outlay of the crib and then another full sized crib. She really only used it for about 5 months, as for the first few months we used our next to me crib.

Thank you ladies! I ended up going ahead and buying it with the Amazon Prime free trial. I ordered the white crib, a 3 inch mattress (it comes with a little thin one inch already but I will put the 3 inch on top) and I also ordered one sheet. It all came to $210 with free shipping and I will have it within 2 days!
I am now ordering more sheets. Apparently they're a bit harder to find in stores so I'm trying to take advantage of the 30 day free Amazon Prime trial lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->