mini pill question

pink23

mummy to 2 x
Reaction score
Hi I dont know if im writing in the right place but has anyone any opinions on the mini pill?
Im going on it as dr has prescribed it because of high blood pressure. Just wanted to know do you get many side effects and how irregular is bleeding?
If im in wrong place could someone point me in right direction thanks xx
All info appreciated xx

hi

for someone like you with high blood pressure you can not have pills with oestrogen as it puts you at high risk from a stroke.

The mini pill or implant, injection are the best hormonal treatment for contraception. I f you want long term contraception the coil is good too.

Alot of people start to have problems with irregular bleeding with the progesterone only methods but they should settle within 12 weeks. Personally i cant take the oestrogen as i get bad migraines, and the pop made me depressed and moody!!

I now have a coil which is ok as i am hormone free only thing is my period is heavier

hopethat helps

I don't know what brand you've been offered, but Cerazette is a popular one at the moment. The doctor probably won't tell you, but a frequent side effect in the early days of taking it are quite serious mood swings. If it's otherwise the best contraceptive for you, it's worth living through as it mostly calms down after a few weeks. Just make sure your close family and friends are forewarned, or you might end up rather unpopular!!

I took cerazette for 3 months and it was hideous. I bled on and off for the whole time, was very moody and had no sex drive. I've been on micronor for 2 weeks now and it's so much better. Not sure I need to be on it now as I had am op last week and my bp was right down x

I was on mycrogynon 30 for a while but I also suffered from high blood pressure so I was taken off it 2 months ago and put on Micronor which is a mini pill. I felt great from the start.. no headaches (which I suffered from b4) and in general I felt a lot happier. The problem I face so far is that I have not had a period since. Due to their not being a break in the pill cycle I found it strange.. specially cuz I had a bit of stomach pain as if I was gonna come on my period but still nothing. I have felt really bloated since that too. Im hoping that weight gain isnt going to be a prob as I am trying to loose weight. Im hoping it will settle down. I felt so bloated on monday and had kinda pulling pains low down in my stomach (kinda like the stitch feeling I had when I was pregnant) that I actually went and got myself a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side. It was negative though. I dont much like the fact that my period is no longer regular (well, its actually none existant which is kinda good but I am gonna constantly worry that Im preg I think lol) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->