mini pill side effect?

cookielucylou

Reaction score
i've been on the mini pill for 3 weeks now. Since I started I have had headaches's and really bad mood swings-kind of like major pmt which i never usually get. Could there be side effects of the pill? I've been debating stop taking it just incase.

i remember the dr told me headaches are a side effect of the pill
i guess mood swings are as well as the pill changes your hormones have u got an info leaflet in the box it may be more helpful than me lol :)
my only side effect is i havent had a period for the 2 months i've been taking it :)

Thanks for the reply :)
I havnt taken it today, thought I would try a while without it to see if it makes a difference.

I stopped taking my previous BC because i got terrible mood swings

but turns out the girl had given me a different BC than the doc had prescribed so i went back in and got a new one and so far it has been working good

...only this time my (.)(.) started growing....even my dad noticed :shock:

Same thing here , the headaches are awful . We are actually considering having another baby so I may not have to put up with it too long x

I was on Cerazette and although I personally didn't get headaches, I think they can be a side effect. I did get mood swings with it though and I did put on weight and had bad skin for a while.

I started taking the mini pill and it was awful, my mood swings were awful and I just felt terrible all the time. I stopped taking it and within a few days I felt myself again and so much better . . . it really didn't suit me at all!

I havnt taken this since and have felt much better so it obviously wasnt agreeing with me. Dont know what else to use now though:shrug:

What mini pill did you take? Perhaps you could try a different brand. I switched from Cerazette to Femulen at one point because Cerazette was making my skin bad, and found that Femulen didn't. Although Femulen did make my periods even heavier.

I tried the mini pill after the birth of my son (8 months ago) it was awful the doctor had said I may suffer occasional bleeding, I bleed constantley pretty much with a slight stop of about 2 days :(
I went back and had a coil fitted, so far so good. Been in since August, I like it because I don't have to worry about taking a pill every day and it decreases periods flow and can stop them but doesn't stop my fertility :)
Might be worth a thought!

I started bleeding shortly after starting the pill too, I just assumed it was a period but it went on a lot longer and a lot heavier than my periods usually are.

Yep I had my first 'period' for six months when I started taking the minipill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->