Mini pill while NOT breastfeeding?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Is anyone who is exclusively FF on the mini pill? My midwife put me on the mini pill at my 6 week pp checkup for 2 reasons: 1) because the estrogen in the combined pill affects my endo and 2) because I was BF with supplementation at the time. Now I am exclusively FF as I couldn't keep up my calorie intake to meet the supply of my baby, who was taking 6 ounces by the time she was a month old, and am wondering if I can continue taking the mini pill? Would it still protect me from pregnancy or is it for BF moms only? I plan to eventually have one more child but my first two were Irish twins and I really don't want to go through that again :wacko:

Yeah the mini pill is fine whenever, it is just as effective as the combined pill. I can only use the mini pill due to migraines.

The mini pill works as well as any other birth control pill and most people who use it are people like you who can't tolerate the combinedpill. I personally like the combined one more, so that's what I've always used (didn't use any when I was BF, and then switched back to my regular pill a few months after I finished), but if you get on with it, there's no reason to change.

Im practically formula feeding now so il be switching to combined! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->