minor set back

momo51519

Mother of 3
Reaction score
well got a call thursday in the middle of the night. Elena had to have her breathing tube put back in, she was having too many bradys. Then to make matters worse I went and saw her saturday night after my husbands christmas party. Her stats started to drop and my husband being the smart one got out of the room wtih the kids in time. Me on the other hand didnt want to leave her. So then her stats dropped so low that 15 nurses came rushing in. Needless to say I was stuck for a few minutes panicing trying to get out. Then another nurse comes rushing in with crash cart!! Wow that was even harder!! I am still shaken up about it!! Any ladies witness this kind of stuff with their LO??? Thank god for my husband to calm down. I still though keep breaking down. She is fine now, but her blood pressure hasnt been the best and she wasnt getting enough sodium so they r putting it through her IV. Man I cant tell you how terrified I was. If anyone has gone through this please tell me a way to cope with it all?? I am loosing my mind. Constantly afarid of loosing my lil girl!!

:hugs: This often happens on the NICU hun, its is horrible isnt it? I remember a few things that happened to Alex and I was left in a bit of shock for a while. Although its frightening its also quite normal on the NICU rollercoaster :( xxxx

They r doing the echo now of her chest to see if that duct is closed. They said it could be the reason they r having issues getting her hand off the ventulator. But I won't know the results till tomorrow the latest.

We had some terrible experiences in nicu. Our sons PDA took a while to close by itself which was causing excess fluid on the lungs. He had diuretics to help with it. He required two courses of steroids to get him off the vent. He eventually came off after 4/5 weeks. It does take time and there will be setbacks but you will get there x

I'v no experience hun but i have been watching your story and just want to give you a big hug :hugs::hugs:

It is super hard. I'm sorry you have to go through it. I witnessed many of these instances. At one point you go numb, like you're not really in the room. I hope and pray your baby gets off the vent quickly.

Sadly it happens a lot hun :hugs: Our son had a LOT of extreme brady/desat episodes due to PDA, he wound up having to be put on indomethacin to help close the duct quicker. For me, especially when he was dropping sats so often, just breathe, if you need a break away take it, the RN's are so on top of things here- for me I know they arent going to let things get out of hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->