Mirena coil, i have questions.....

PearDrops20

Reaction score
I've had it in for almost 2 years...and yet i still have questions..

Recently (as in the past few of months) i've been having 2 periods a month then having one period and then having 2 again kind of in a cycle although i could go a couple of months just having 1 period or none at all! :shrug: and normally TMI they have been the same colour however this month I came on just before valentines which was normal, I then stopped for 2 days and all of a sudden started again but with bright red blood which gradually got lighter and lighter and I stopped again just before the weekend & that has never happened before normally it's a dull ish red/brown, I have still had a little back pain/cramping as well.

I suppose i'm wondering if anyone else has had this? I have had problems before and I had a scan to make sure the coil was still in place, and it was as of beginning of September last year... I don't think it's come out but can't check that as the strings were up inside my womb :haha: could it have moved? or could it just be more period blood that had built up and come out quickly? can that even happen?

SO many questions! I'm sorry about that! It just confused me as I hardly have bright red blood anymore that it freaks me out now :wacko:
Also been under the weather with lots of headaches and a cold to boot -_-

How have you all been? :winkwink: :flower:

Hopefully they go soon! I have interviews coming up.

I'll make an appointment but it takes about 4 weeks just to get into my doctors sometimes, I'm just getting tired of not knowing how many periods a month i'm going to have :haha: I thought everything would have settled down by now.

Awww i hope everything settles down at work for you soon! my OH the same at the moment, the first few months are the busiest time for his business.

:flower:

This happens to me from time to time however, I have only had the Mirena for 5 months, so that could be why.

It that isn't normal for you, see the doctor and see what they think. Maybe your hormones are just changing, or maybe there is some other explanation. I'm sure they would be more than happy to explore the cause with you :hugs:

I also have the Mirena, but have only had it 8 months... At my 3 month check up, my strings had also disappeared, but 2 months later they had popped back down again - maybe yours will as well? 2 periods in a month would definitely be a bother...it's a pain having to wait for the appointment, but having it checked is definitely a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->