Mirena coil removal and conception

Josiejo

Mum of 5!
Reaction score
Hi.

Has anyone had a mirena coil removed and trying for a baby?

Did your periods/ovulation go back to normal pretty quickly? I had my mirena removed beginning of June and have basically been trying to conceive almost immediately. Had a small bleed in June, horrendously big period end of July, and just finishing a normal period now.

Just wondering if i'm going to be facing any difficulties due to the Mirena etc

Thanks, Jo x

a friend of mine had hers out in january and get pregnant in febuary she had it in for 6 months she did bleed after it was removed and a week later so her cycle was messed up that month but she did manage to get pregnant :thumbup:

Hi.

Has anyone had a mirena coil removed and trying for a baby?

Did your periods/ovulation go back to normal pretty quickly? I had my mirena removed beginning of June and have basically been trying to conceive almost immediately. Had a small bleed in June, horrendously big period end of July, and just finishing a normal period now.

Just wondering if i'm going to be facing any difficulties due to the Mirena etc

Thanks, Jo x

hi jo,ive jst replied in the bfp announcments :flower: hope that helps
cath x

i had mine removed 6th may during a bleed very light n only one i had whilst having the mirena (maybe because id had it nearly 5yr) my next af in june 29 days after removal was very heavy n had af every 29 days since tho have been light i dont test or temp so am not sure about ovulation but my periods are as reg as they were before mirena i have been ttc since having mine removed too hth

Thanks for your replies .... it does sound encouraging. I had my mirena for about 4 years and had no periods whilst having it, so you can imagine my shock with the heavy bleed i had at the end of July, particularly as i was in Spain on holiday at the time :wacko:

Here's hoping that i fall preggers soon xx

it took 5 month of trying for me after i had the marina removed but it was my 2nd cycle when we caught the eggy. My cycles were mega long after removal xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->