Mirena coil removal and conception

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Josiejo, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Josiejo

Josiejo Mum of 5!

Hi.

Has anyone had a mirena coil removed and trying for a baby?

Did your periods/ovulation go back to normal pretty quickly? I had my mirena removed beginning of June and have basically been trying to conceive almost immediately. Had a small bleed in June, horrendously big period end of July, and just finishing a normal period now.

Just wondering if i'm going to be facing any difficulties due to the Mirena etc

Thanks, Jo x

2. missy123

missy123 Well-Known Member

a friend of mine had hers out in january and get pregnant in febuary she had it in for 6 months she did bleed after it was removed and a week later so her cycle was messed up that month but she did manage to get pregnant :thumbup:

3. bambino4

bambino4 mother of 3 girls

hi jo,ive jst replied in the bfp announcments :flower: hope that helps
    cath x

4. mommy43

mommy43 isabel's mummy

i had mine removed 6th may during a bleed very light n only one i had whilst having the mirena (maybe because id had it nearly 5yr) my next af in june 29 days after removal was very heavy n had af every 29 days since tho have been light i dont test or temp so am not sure about ovulation but my periods are as reg as they were before mirena i have been ttc since having mine removed too hth

5. Josiejo

Josiejo Mum of 5!

Thanks for your replies .... it does sound encouraging. I had my mirena for about 4 years and had no periods whilst having it, so you can imagine my shock with the heavy bleed i had at the end of July, particularly as i was in Spain on holiday at the time :wacko:

Here's hoping that i fall preggers soon xx

6. snettyb

snettyb Well-Known Member

it took 5 month of trying for me after i had the marina removed but it was my 2nd cycle when we caught the eggy. My cycles were mega long after removal xx