Mirena coil removal

craftymum

Mum to Jacob and Jenna
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have had the mirena coil fitted for 10 months and I have had enough as I have felt like crap and had pretty much non stop bleeding since it was fitted, if I'm lucky I get 4 or 5 days where I just have like a heavy discharge before it starts all over again. Ironic really, considering I had it fitted due to heavy periods and flooding in the first place!
Anyway I have an appointment in the morning to have it removed by my GP (only if they can locate the strings) but I am bleeding again, not too heavy but heavy enough and I'm not sure if they will even attempt to remove it while I'm bleeding. So, what should I do, just go and see what she says or cancel and make another appointment in a couple of weeks when hopefully I will be 'between bleeds' for a while again?

I would go because I think they can then give you some tablets to try and stop the bleeding for next time. I have constant bleeding since getting depo injection 5 months ago and just been given pill to try and get bleeding to stop x

Thank you, I didn't know they could do that. I'll just go then and see what she says. I hope your bleeding stops soon too, it's such a nightmare isn't it? Not to mention it costs a fortune in sanitary towels!

I know! I wish I had never had the injection! I thought about the coil as well but I dont want that either now as im worried I will just end up bleeding all the time with that too. Really hope it gets sorted soon for you xx

Thank you, I hope you get sorted soon too. Lots of women swear by the mirena but just hasn't worked for me :(

Hey, I was supposed to have my coil removed this morning but the appointment was cancelled due to doctor not being there for some reason so Waitin to receive new appointment. Can you please tell me if the removal was more pleasant then having it fitted? I am having it removed through it causing me so much discomfort but really worried about it hurting coming out :(

i had mine removed by a nurse and it was fine. i didn't feel any pain at all. just a small tug and that's it.
i thought it was going to be horrendous.

I had my coil removed a month ago and she told me to cough and pulled it out then so i didnt even feel it come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->