Mirena Problems?

megan1984

Reaction score
I got Mirena inserted in Dec. 2012, 6 weeks after having my daughter. Since then I have been having reoccurring bladder problems. I constantly feel the need to urinate, even after just going, when I go I feel like my bladder isn't empty, even though it is, and I also feel like I have bladder spasms. Some days it drives me crazy, other days it's not so bad. I've had urine tests and cultures that have ruled out a UTI, plus I don't have the burning that usually accompanies a UTI. Doctor has given me a couple different meds that did nothing.

The only thing I could think was that it may have something to do with my Mirena. The past couple days have been awful, so I decided last night that I would pull the thing out myself (not the best idea, I know). I got it out painlessly and today I see have the same symptoms, but definitely not as bad as they were the past couple of days. If it keeps up I think I'll make an appointment with a urologist.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with Mirena?

Personally, if the Mirena is the only thing that's changed, I would make the same assumptions... certainly cannot hurt to get checked out though hun.

I was thinking of getting the Mirena- but uncomfortable with the idea of something in there.... and I already have bladder issues my entire life, don't want to risk any other issues going on!

Hope it's already sorted! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->