Misbehaving Mums to Be

Id love to know what would happen to all those babies who would end
up in care because their mothers smoked if that really happened.
Care is a horrible place for children to grow up - yes there are the lucky
few who end up in happy loving foster families, but there are many who
end up in bad places. :(

If a mother who smokes, drink or does drugs and her baby died as a direct result ... can she be prosecuted for murder? I think I heard of it somewhere but not in the UK?

If a mother who smokes, drink or does drugs and her baby died as a direct result ... can she be prosecuted for murder? I think I heard of it somewhere but not in the UK?

If as i direct result that was proven i would hope so!

Well I have had a look around on 'tinterweb and can only find a law in the US on it. All I have managed to find on UK law is that the 'feotus' has no rights?? Surely that cant be right? Any legal bods on here??

As i am so curious i will view it, but i am sure it wont be as fun as "The Crimson petal and the white" that was on last night at 9pm:winkwink:

Hopefully the girls who are in the documentary got paid and bought themselves stocks of nicotine patches!

crimson and the white - fantastic!!!!!!
great tv.
anyway, back to the OP - no, won't be watching....angers me far too much.
I smoked 20 a day for 5yrs, the minute I found out I was pregnant the first time I stopped, never touched another.
I smoked marlboro reds so it def can be done :thumbup:

As i am so curious i will view it, but i am sure it wont be as fun as "The Crimson petal and the white" that was on last night at 9pm:winkwink:

Hopefully the girls who are in the documentary got paid and bought themselves stocks of nicotine patches!

crimson and the white - fantastic!!!!!!
great tv.
anyway, back to the OP - no, won't be watching....angers me far too much.
I smoked 20 a day for 5yrs, the minute I found out I was pregnant the first time I stopped, never touched another.
I smoked marlboro reds so it def can be done :thumbup:

Talk about hot and saucy!

My OH quit the Reds when we got a bfp. He still has lozenges but much better for his health. Apparently if you go to a group with other quitters it can be more successful. My OH did that and as a consequence got his patches free so thee is help out there for everybody!

I think I'll watch....Not sure if I'm really up for a program that will probably make me clench my fists, grit my teeth and want to throw things at the screen though! Quite fancy a nice relaxing evening lol. What am I saying, of course I'll watch, curiosity will get the better of me! xx

Mums like this are very selfish!!...... I smoked for 10 yrs before i got pregnant, always trying to 'give up' but as soon as i found out i was pregnant I quit, no questions about it!!

It's on and i'm already cringing!!.......... the baby at the beginning smoking WTF!!!

i bet the dads are gonna be just as bad!.......... the kid'll be smokers by the time they're 13!!

omg, im angry already :(!

i do eat a load of shit sometimes though so i cant really comment as much :(

Jeesh - support from your fella or what! Poor 3 yr old and poor unborn baby!

Argh this is putting my blood pressure up already! Blehhhhhh

shes thick as shit really. She has no idea its harming her baby :( sad. you'd think she'd go outside atleast so her daughter isnt breathing in it.

I know --- and the 3 yr old using the word fag! Eeek!

if its that shocking, quit today, not at the weekend :dohh:

im behind! still at the scbu bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"