Miscarriage - angry at hospital, our story.

Kirstyvic12

Reaction score
Miscarriage is still a taboo subject,* not many people speak about it here's our story:

I can't begin to explain how angry I am.* So over the course of the last four days I have been in/out of A&E and the emergency gynae ward..* They first took my bloods on the Wednesday after waiting 6 hours;. We was told my hcg levels were fine..* I had pains so we went back again the next day,* after waiting another 4+ hours they re tested my levels done a check inside (where the put the clamp thing in)* and told us everything was fine..* I started having some bleeding on the Saturday so back to hospital,* another 3 1/2 hour wait..* they told us my levels had dropped a little bit but we should not worry and that I should be fine.* I woke up this morning (Sunday) with severe pain and bleeding...* We went to A&E where they referred me back to the emergency gynae ward...* 3* hours we was waiting for the doctor to tell us to prepare for a miscarriage,* she then proceeding to tell us that from the first set of bloods they basically knew I was going to miscarry. ..* She 'looked inside again' and said to the nurse 'pass me the fourceps'* I asked what was going on she said in a blunt tone 'wait I will explain in a minute'* she told me she could see the sac and was going to pull it out..* That was it miscarriage over...* I am so angry they knew this was happening yet gave us false hope.. At no point did anyone tell us a miscarriage was likely and to be prepared,* instead they told us I should be fine and it's early days, yet my bloods from that first Wednesday showed different..* They can't tell you that it's bad but they can give you false hope? How is that good practice?* She also left me sitting on the bed with no trousers on, bleeding,* scared, waiting for her to check inside, for ten minutes and left the room...*

I know it is their Job and it's stressful,* I couldn't do their job,* but no matter how stressful it is they need to hold some* Compassion for their patients,* I'm not saying all are like this,* but what we experienced over these days is disgusting and disrespectful..* They see more than one couple everyday who are loosing their baby but please remember we may be another number to you,* but to us this was our future,* our child and it may have only been with us for a moment but we will remember this and hold this forever in our hearts.. How you treat us in that moment has a huge impact on how we deal and process this news, as of yet I can't process what's happened because I am in shock.*
A lot is to be said for a woman pregnancy before 12 weeks; to professionals it may not be a confirmed pregnancy till that dating scan,* but let me tell you something that minute you find out your pregnant,* to you and your partner,* it's exactly that,* you are pregnant.. You can't help but allow yourself to feel some excitement as you both look towards your future,* and when you're told that it's over that pain is real and raw.
My heart goes out to every couple that has experienced this,* because until today I had no idea what this felt like,* and how you've all coped, I truly in my heart,* do not know.

I'm so sorry for your loss :( I'm currently experiencing bleeding, after having heavy bleeding and stabbing pains on Friday. I have to wait until Tuesday to confirm I have had a miscarriage with a scan, but I'm still devastated. I'm 9 weeks along but we tried for this baby for 3 years, and since the day I found out, I've been a mum of two.

I'm sorry you had so little support from the doctors etc. And I hope things start looking up soon.

That's awful Kristy! I'm so very sorry 💔. Miscarriage is utterly devastating. I knew it could happen and I prepared myself for the possibility, but there was no way I could know the deep sadness I would feel when it did happen. There is no rule book to coping with this loss. My best advice is to let yourself feel what you need to as it comes, and be kind to yourself. You will need to break down to rebuild. The sadness will probably never go away, but it will get easier to live with it. Take care, cry, scream, write, hide...it's all ok and sometimes needed. I hope you find your way out of this storm, and while you're in it we're all here for you knowing and understanding the grief you feel. You are not alone 💜

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->