Miscarriage at 6 weeks...what happens next?

bluecathy1978

Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels
Reaction score
Hi,

I started to have a miscarriage yesterday morning so I went down to A&E and they did an internal exam and took my blood.

The dr was a little confussed when she did my internal as she said my cervix was closed but I told her that my cervix didnt dilate when I was in labour (13 weeks ago) due to scar tissue and I ended up having to have an emergency c section.

She seemed to think that I was having a miscarriage.

Anyway, this morning I had a phone call from the Early pregnancy unit. My hcg levels came back very low at 14 and they want me to go back tomorrow for another blood test to confirm that they have either fallen or risen.

I decided to take another HPT, the same brand that I got a BFP with on saturday morning was a BFN.

So I am thinking things have not gone too good so far. I want to know though what happens next?

I have to go back for a blood test in the morning but then they send me home. I tried to get more info from the Midwife but she said they won't scan me or do anything else until the result comes back.

I know already that my pregnancy has ended. The problem I have is I just want things to be done and then go back to normal. I am frightened that because my cervix doesnt dilate that I won't be able to miscarry normally and that they will have to intervene. That petrifies me as I am so anti abortion (for myself, not for others. Everyone has a right to choose what they do with their own life) and the proceedure sounds so similar that it makes me feel physically sick.

I know it is something that people may not want to discuss but they won't tell me anything at the hospital and it is so unfair to keep you in limbo. I think you are already suffering enough emotional distress at this time that it should be dealt with as quickly as possible.

Thanks for reading this long post,

Cathy xx

I am frightened that because my cervix doesnt dilate that I won't be able to miscarry normally and that they will have to intervene. That petrifies me as I am so anti abortion (for myself, not for others. Everyone has a right to choose what they do with their own life) and the proceedure sounds so similar that it makes me feel physically sick.
[/QUOTE]

I have no idea honey - i didn't want to read and run though. Just want to say i totally understand where you're coming from ^^.
I'm sorry for your loss :hugs: xx

Hun im very sorry that you have to go through this. However, there is a chance that you will have to have a D&C and in most doctors opinion if you dont mc naturally it is extremeley dangerous to leave the baby in longer than necessary. I respect your beliefs but in my opinion health and the ability to become pregnant again comes first.

So sorry for your loss hun. Hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Thanks ladies for your replies.

I had my 2nd blood test this morning just to confirm what has happened and my hcg is negative now.

I have been passing lots of clots and bleeding quite heavily now so at least mother nature seems to be being kind to me :)

I will wait until my next cycle and then ttc again. Even though this baby wasn't planned we still loved him/her and it has made us realise that we do want another child.

Good luck with your ttc and I hope you all get what you want sooner rather than later.

All my love and lots of baby dust,

Cathy xxx

so terriby sorry babes..goodluck for the next pregnancy <3 xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss hon - I hope it can all h appen naturally for you and get your body ready for your sticky BFP next x

I am so sorry hun.. I am glad things are happening naturally for you though... Please take care of yourself and rest a bit. I hope you get a really stick bean soon!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->