Miscarriage at 7 weeks - when to expect AF?

iloveblue

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm waiting for AF to appear - it is day 31 of my cycle, normally it would start around day 30.

I know my cycle will be all over the place so just wondered when other people got theirs.

I had a late loss in October and AF appeared 38 days later and I would have thought that my body would get back to normal much quicker with an early loss.

Didn't want to read and run but I don't know but v interested to hear answers! I am on cd9 if I count first day of mc bleed as cd1 and my docs said it should be relatively normal again. Do you know if you had ovulation this cycle? I'm in two minds whether to ov test or just go with the flow this cycle...

Sorry for your losses :(

I had MC back in August and it took 42days for AF to arrive then after that i had a 35day cycles for a couple of months and only now getting back to normal (regular 30day cycles are normal for me). I've had blood tests etc at doctors all came back normal. My doctor said its very common to be irregular for a while. I know what you mean by early loss being quicker to recover from physically but i would would say 38 days is not that long either way. maybe wait a couple of weeks then get checked out if it still hasnt appeared? xxx

i found that my periods regulated alot quicker with my first loss. 2nd time round and i just finished a 82 day cycle! both times it took 6 weeks for af to return after mc's.
hope that helps and good luck xx

Thank-you lovely ladies

I'm not sure if I ovulated Gekko - I did get some EWCM, but i wasn't tracking/checking.

I'm sure it will be along in the next few days - I don't think we will be TTC straight away anyway but just want to know that my body is back to normal.

Mine came 28 days exactly after the d&c :hugs:

Thanks Holly - I didn't have a D+C. Does it make a difference to how quickly everything gets back to normal?

I had a natural miscarriage and my AF arrived 33 days after it started. I am on day 8 now and still have a tiny bit of spotting!

Thanks Holly - I didn't have a D+C. Does it make a difference to how quickly everything gets back to normal?

I'm not sure.. i am sure it does matter if you are mc naturally and it takes longer to be complete... that could possibly affect it- but i don't think the manner in which you mc makes a difference. :hugs:

iloveblue,

It took 40 days for mine to reappear. So sorry for your loss x

I had a natural miscarriage after 7 weeks and it took me 7 weeks to get my first period. The next ones after that slowly got shorter. Before getting pregnant I was pretty consistent on 28 days- and eventually got back on that schedule. But it doesn't always happen that way.

I had a natural miscarriage after 7 weeks and it took me 7 weeks to get my first period. The next ones after that slowly got shorter. Before getting pregnant I was pretty consistent on 28 days- and eventually got back on that schedule. But it doesn't always happen that way.

i'm hoping this is the case for me, i've been similar so far in that my cycles are getting shorter but i still never know when it's going to arrive! V frustrating x

It was two weeks later. I had a mmc and had a natural miscarriage and I can say my cycles are still a little off. Ranging from 26-30 days. I use to always be 28s and it's been almost a year May 2010

I think it should be here any day. after my D&C I had AF around a month later

I m/c at 7 weeks. Mine came about a week after it should have done, so 35 days x

So, my mw told me to wait a month... does that mean if I wait a month for my AF? Or do you think it is better to have one normal cycle?

good question. when I was first told that my baby had stopped growing (so prior to D&C), the ob said wait a couple of months before trying again but then when I went and saw her for the post surgery followup she gave me the all clear to try again after AF arrived. I think that maybe she gave the different advice in the follow up cause the tissue had been tested and it was all good - no evidence anything untoward, whereas prior to the D&C she didn't know how things were going to progress. :shrug:

Hello everyone
Just wanted to update - might be useful for someone else.

AF started on Thursday so 33 days after miscarriage started - was 3 days late, which is not too bad.

It hasn't been overly painful but has been very heavy with tiny clots - did anyone else find this?

Hi,
My AF turned up 52 days after loss x
Mine started clotty and heavy then turned medium & now on day 6 & has turned really heavy again :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->