Miscarriage bleeding vs labor bleeding

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I was just wondering how much more the bleeding from labour is vs the bleeding from a late miscarriage? I know this is an odd question but I'm wondering if I could use the same mini heavy flow pads I did after my late miscarriage after labour?

From my experiences PP bleeding is a lot heavier and lasts a lot longer than bleeding from a late miscarriage but of course that will vary between women. Ive always used maternity pads after I've given birth as they as very absorbent, and also soft on sore areas or stitches. The main advice I can give is how ever many you are thinking of taking in your hospital bag, double it, then you will have enough. I've always got through way more than I expected.

^^ WSS.

I'm in the US and they give us these HUGE pads that are literally like an adult diaper in size for post partum bleeding. I use them usually the first two days or so and then for sure overnight after that. I take home as many as they'll let me for that reason. :haha: They are massive and uncomfortable to wear but SO much better than getting up from sitting or laying down and having the 'flood gates are OPEN' feeling.

I will say that each delivery can be different though. I know a lady who came home after having her first child and was using panty liners the day after delivery. :saywhat: And while I had heavier bleeding (where I needed the massive pads and disposable panties I got from the hospital) for 3-4 days after I had DS and DD, I was down to my regular heavy flow, extra long period pads by the time I left the hospital with LO. It's hard to say but I'd make sure you have some pretty heavy duty pads with you in your bag because it's always better to be safe than sorry right? :thumbup:

Thank you for your experiences, I just struggle with the large pads as I'm so so small (I struggle with normal sized period pads!!) and I never needed the pads they gave me when I miscarried as I barely bled after the first explosion in the toilet (sorry tmi) but I did bleed for a long time afterwards... I don't know it's all abit overwhelming and scary to be honest!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->