• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Miscarriage bleeding

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I had a miscarriage over the weekend. It started with severe cramping at midnight on Sunday night which made me feel as though I had to poo so I went to the bathroom only to feel a gush come out of me instead. It was bright red blood and was mixed with the water I couldn't tell if I passed the sac and baby (sorry for the tmi). When I wiped I did have some small clots on the toilet paper. I thought the worst was over and went to bed. The cramps subsided by morning and the bleeding completely stopped. Later in the day the monster cramping came back to where ibuprofen didn't even help and I had to lay down. I thought for sure I was going to pass more but I didn't. There was no more blood at all.

The next day - today - I haven't had hardly any cramps or bleeding. I took a pregnancy test that came back still a very strong positive. I know it can take a few weeks to go completely negative but I'm worried I may not have passed everything. My question is how do you know if you passed everything? Would there be signs if you didn't? Also is the lack of bleeding normal?

Every woman (and every miscarriage, if she's had more than one) is different. When my mother had hers, the exact thing you described happened to her. When I had my first one, I bled like a very heavy period for 4 days and then it was over. With my second I bled about a week with lots of clots. With this one, I've bled off and on for about a week with a lot of clots and some cramping. I suggest calling your Dr and expressing your concerns. They can do a follow up ultrasound to make sure it was complete. Until then, watch for sign of infection such as headaches, fever, chills, weakness, vomiting and dizzy/light headed spells.

wss^^

we can't really know for sure until they do an ultrasound to make sure it was complete.

And yes, watch for sign of infection :hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses, Navyladybug. :hugs2:

I've had two other losses as well but one was a D&C so I didn't go through this. My first mc though was natural. I cramped and bled my heaviest for the first 24 hours. I still had some minor cramping up to 48 hours later but I was also still bleeding. I bled for about a week after the mc process started like a heavy period with mini clots. To only have bleeding for a day, and actually not even that it was more like 3 hours total, is a little concerning unless my body reabsorbed most of it. I will call tomorrow and ask my midwife for a follow up ultrasound.

With my first natural mc my hormones plummeted right away. The tests were completely negative by the time my bleeding stopped and I had my first period 6 weeks later. With my D&C it took more time for my hormone levels to plummet but I got my period sooner, for some reason. It is weird how they are all different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->