Miscarriage Confusion

MommaE

Reaction score
I was 6 weeks pregnant.. had some bleeding. Went to ER last Tuesday--- final verdict--- low heart rate; might miscarry. They gave me a number for a follow up ultrasound in a week.

The next day I had HEAVY bleeding-- more than any period x2... plus I passed something that seemed the size of my fist, and a long tissue like thing. I was sure I miscarried the baby.

I went to my u/s today & they told me I was "still pregnant" but there was not heart rate. In other words, a dead baby inside of me.

I'm so confused. What were those huge things I passed? I thought the worst was over; but the worst is still to come and I don't know what to expect.

I had such horrible pain when I was bleeding last week already... I'm scarred.
Can anyone explain what happened/ what I can expect??

I am sorry for your loss! I went through the exact same thing a week and a half ago. I passed a clot that was the size of both my hands, and thought surely that has to be all of it. Went back to confirm with an ultrasound and the baby and sack are still there. I have no clue what it was that I passed! I'm doing a D&C next Tuesday. Are you going to let it happen naturally?

usually that thick chunk is a piece of your lining that thickened for the pregnancy. I had it happen a month after my first miscarriage, really freaked me out to see such a solid chunky thing come out of me. I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, hope that information helps though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->