miscarriage/infertility

cocokitten

Reaction score
Just having a browse through the board, and obvs theres loads of ladies here who suffer with fertility problems or some who've been through a miscarriage.

Im just reeeeally terrified theres going to be something wrong with me :'(
I know loads of us are, its natural, but are there any general health things that could be an indicator of possible problems further down the line?
or any kind of stereotype of who may be more likely to have fertility problems?

Or is it all a bit-you won't know till you try.

I know this has been done before but i cant remember what it was called/which thread.

I know its a bit silly as you cant tell.

Any of you ever had a fertility test? A friend of mine who is infertile said to tell the doctors I had been trying for a couple of years with no luck, have been thinking about doing that lately as ive been wtt nearly 4years and have just over one to go and all i can think is what if i find out im infertile after over 5 years of being desperate but waiting :'(

....bit of a ramble there :blush:

Regular periods and not too little / too much bleeding are good signs :shrug:
Oh and no pain (at least not BAD pain)

:flower:

xx

Id monitor your cycles hun just to see I guess that might be the best indicator. Id imagine any huge problems you might have picked up on by now.

Also might be an idea to get an STD test if you haven't had one, not being rude but sometimes you can catch one with no symptoms & they do you all kinds of damage :)

But tbh my docs told me they wont do any testing until youve been trying over a year, unless theres a specific problem (eg irregular periods, irregular bleeding etc)

xxx

Worry of being infertile is the most common worry of women WTT, I am sure you will be fine come the time X

Id monitor your cycles hun just to see I guess that might be the best indicator. Id imagine any huge problems you might have picked up on by now.

Also might be an idea to get an STD test if you haven't had one, not being rude but sometimes you can catch one with no symptoms & they do you all kinds of damage :)

But tbh my docs told me they wont do any testing until youve been trying over a year, unless theres a specific problem (eg irregular periods, irregular bleeding etc)

xxx

yeah i had a feeling it couldn't be as simple as that, probably quite expensive to be doing fertility tests for everyone!

yeah i've had regular STD tests, i know how important that is, although i havent since me and OH got one at beginning of relationship.

Thanks for humouring me people! :winkwink: There is no point in worrying i suppose, and i know my mum felt the same and tried for my sister for ages, then as soon as she just gave up and relaxed she fell pregnant!

How weird. This thought just crossed my mind before I clicked on the WTT section.

I also worry massively about this. Mostly because I have had stomach pains (unrelated) but I had a laprascopy and doctor said everything looks fine, tubes, womb and all.
But I'm still so worried that I just want to TTC now so I can pick it up early if something is wrong

:dohh:

:hugs: Its completely normal to worry darling.

Like Linzi said,its always good to monitor your cycles a bit just so you can kind of grasp whats going on xxxx

although i already have my 2 lovely boys i lost several pregnancys before Nate was concieved and was freaking out when we were talking about ttc with EJ but i caught on my first cycle and little EJ stuck which was freaking me out for the first 5 months of my pregnancy with him, I am nervous about the possiblity of losing another pregnancy when we do start ttc again although i know the chances of it are less now ive had 2 back to back sucessful pregnancys yet its in the back of my mind that my mother has suffered from reccurent miscarriage throughout her life inbetween having 5 children she has lost double that number.

talk to the women in your direct bloodline to see if any of them have had fertility problems, Im sure you will be fine if you have had no signs of anything that could caus problems

talk to the women in your direct bloodline to see if any of them have had fertility problems, Im sure you will be fine if you have had no signs of anything that could caus problems

Good idea! Had a chat with my mum and apparently they all got pregnant first time trying or by accident so nothing I'm likely to from that angle at least.. Thanks for the tips :thumbup:

And I'm sorry to read about your loss before conceiving your two lovely ones :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I concieved my first 2 kids first go, but this time we're at almost 8 months of trying(and yes i'm going through the whole 'it must be me' thing. irational, probably) As i'm under 30 years old i have to wait 12 months before i can go to the docs about it. (Periods fairly regular, normal bleeding so no 'real' reason to go before). But is is really hard, knowing i could have to wait another 4 months just to start tests etc.
Apparently 80% of people concieve within 12 months so still hoping.

I think that fear is a good thing in a way. I went into it thinking I was invincible and ended up losing my first baby. It never even occurred to me that it could be ME. If that makes sense. No one ever thinks it could happen to them. So the fact that you are already thinking about it is productive in the fact that you are aware of the risks involved. Try not to worry too much. Easier said than done I know. :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->