miscarriage number 5

robo123

Reaction score
So today I am going through my 5th miscarriage (3rd one this year):cry: I have had testing no reason can be found for this, I am on clomid day 2-6 (no signs of pcos periods on time
no irregular spotting but doc said scan showed mild pcos) I take low dose aspirin all the time I take cyclogest (progesterone) and prednisilone (steroids) day 14 until BFN (continue if BFP). What else can I do why is this happening again. I dont know if I can carry on TTC knowing this will happen again and again. Has anyone had success after this?

A friend of mine had 5 miscarriages and then finally her 6th pregnancy resulted in her rainbow, who is now 7 months old. I hope that happens to you soon! :hugs:

Thank you, I know this journey will be worth it in the end but it's just so emotionally draining.

I'm on #4. :'(
Sometimes I just feel like giving up too and wondering how I can continue to put myself through this but you're right, it'll be so worth it when we get our rainbows. So sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Sorry for you losses too, I am now trying to do my own research in to what I can do to try have my rainbow next time. Xx

I suffered 5 miscarriages, and thought it would never happen...I now have a 6 month old lying next to me asleep. it is a very emotional and draining journey to be on when it seems it will never happen but please do not give up hope :)

Thank you pretty flower, that gives me hope to try continue this journey. Xx

I suffered two miscarriages and like you I was desperate to do something differently the next time I fell pregnant. At the time I read loads about progesterone. It seems medical people are totally divided on what they think about progesterone in early pregnancy - some people think that low progesterone can cause a miscarriage, others say that low progesterone is simply a symptom of a failing pregnancy and that trying to increase your own progesterone by taking supplements / cyclogest pessaries will not help.

After my second miscarriage I did loads of research and found that the evidence currently suggests that for women who have had recurrent miscarriages, taking progesterone may help, and in some cases can reduce the chance of miscarriage by as much as 50%. I printed out the study that I found and took it to my doctor and pretty much demanded that he prescribe progesterone pessaries for me in case I fell pregnant again. I can't post the research that I read as a link but you can get to it by Googling

"Does supplemental progesterone prevent early miscarriage My Informed Life"

and you should get to it! The research was a systematic review by the Cochrane Collaboration in England. My doctor didn't believe in prescribing progesterone but when I told him about the research he eventually backed down and agreed to prescribe it for me. I'm so glad he did because I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with things going well and I truly believe it's because I took progesterone until 14 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->