Miscarriage related to CP?

florida_gal

Reaction score
In August I had a CP. I got a very faint positive HPT the same day my period started. The very next cycle I got a BFP, but that pregnancy just ended in a miscarriage when the baby passed at 6 weeks.

I had a miscarriage at home using misoprostol. I saw my dr this morning to have my follow-up ultrasound and she told me to wait 2 full cycles before trying again to allow my uterine lining time to build back up. She said that the miscarriage was not like a regular period and that I would be at a slightly higher risk of miscarriage if I tried to soon.

I've been doing a lot of research online because I'm looking for something that says it's OK to TTC before I get AF. TBH I haven't found ANY scientific studies that support evidence one way or the other. Only a 2010 report that it's OK to try within 6 months...not helpful. I'm so confused.

I'm rambling a bit, but my question is whether my miscarriage could have been from trying the first cycle after my CP? I honestly had no idea, I didn't even tell the dr about my chemical because I didn't think it was relevant at the time.

Now I'm afraid to try again, but I also don't want to wait. Ugh, I feel like the worrying and bad news never ends.

I was looking for the same information. My doctor told me that it's a myth that you need to wait 3 months. I really like my doctor as she was very kind and gentle during this time. I'm going to ask her on Wednesday when it's ok and ask what are the negatives to trying right away. I'll have to get back to you with answer.

My doctor, women's ward doctor and 2 nurses told me its okay to start TTC as soon as I want, so when the bleeding stops, as they ask you to wait for AF for dating purposes and emotional reasons. I know plenty of people who started TTC as soon as they could, although your cycle will more than likely be a bit messed up. My doctor and others told me that if my body isn't ready it won't allow another pregnancy to go ahead (not sure if she meant I wouldn't get pregnant or if it would end in the same way) as far as I was concerned the moment my bleeding stopped I started TTC as everyone told me it was fine.
Little encouragement - my MIL had many MC but after she had her eldest she had another then started straight away and then she became pregnant, proof it doesn't have to end badly? The man I'm currently laying next to :)
Hope this helps and sorry for your loss! X

Thanks ladies!

I hope this miscarriage was a fluke and not because I tried too soon after the chemical. I'm not going to guilt myself over it, I have enough emotions to deal with already! I'm just kicking myself wondering why I didn't think to mention the chemical to my dr in case she wanted to test any tissue or me or something...oh well.

Bella I would love to hear an update when you can!

I am thinking I'm going to wait one cycle. I waited three cycles last time according to my doctor and now I wish I hadn't. One cycle is long enough for me. But I know women who have tried right away and gotten pregnant and it resulted in a baby. :) So I think you just have to listen to your own instincts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->