Miscarriage testing - results all fine?

Maidenet

Reaction score
I have had 3 previous miscarriages, one of which was twins. I am pregnant now, but, it doesnt look good I have had bleeding, stomach ache and my scan sadly was 2 weeks behind as well as my symtoms disappearing.

I had tests this year and they all came back that there was no reason for them to happen.....

Has anyone else had this? and what do we do next???

Help xxxxxxxx

I didn't want to read & run, hun, I'm not sure about what next, just wanted to send you huge :hug:

i've recently had my 3rd m/c hun and they said they would investigate all my fertility results came back 'normal' but they haven't done any tests since my 3rd m/c they said because the twins was 1 they are only counting it in total as 2 xxx

hi hunni, i have had 8 miscarraiges and i have been given so many cock and bull stories i could write a book! after the 1st 3 they ran tests and said i have pcos, that was it, then after another 2 i demanded more tests and they said all ok, and the gynaes actual words to me were " your only young u have plenty of timeahead of you, its like rolling a dice you cant expect to get a 6 everytime" i could have swung for him, but then low and behold i fell preg and although i was bleeding loads i was scanned every week, and put on bedrest for 14 weeks, and my miracle was born, she was concieved on our honeymoon, but then trying for no 2 i had another 3 mc's and was told this time " i could not carry boys" the gynaes actual words this time were " you cant carry boys they get to a certain stage and keel over!" i mean who do they hire in these places chimps??

anyhow i fell preg again and had my little boy!! was a shock and i feel so lucky to have them, its just a shame what we have to go through to get it, but they put me on chlomid while preg and it seems to work for me? maybe everyone is different, push and oush for answers hunni but all the waiting i had to do and sitting in waiting rooms with preg people that i wanted to kill, was overwhelming. They say only 1 in 3 ladies have an actual answer as to why it happens, they can never know for sure unless there is something major wrong, i feel like an expert in the mc dept now, i know all you want is an answer hun as do i but it proves they talk bollox anyway!! sending lots of love hunni xxx

Have they tested your OH? My hubby has a chromosome problem that was likely cause of our miscs. Never give up hope, I have had 9 miscs but also have 4 great kids

We have both been tested now, they have tested us to see if we clash or something....
My grandads sister had 6 m/c and it turned out she couldnt carry boys, she now as 4 girls.
We have (according to the dr we saw) been tested for everything that is avaliable to be tested right now as well. I had scans and swobs as well as blood tests done.

I just done no what to do though, I dont no now many times I can take it :( xx

I think it depends on where you are in the world with regards to rules and regulations.

Where I live (UK), they wont test until you have had 3. I was told by the doctor (via the hospital) that they would not test me because I have only had 2 and the blood tests that the doctors took came back normal/negative which were the same tests that they do in the hospital. I was told however, that I could go for a 'chat' with a gyno.

Very helpful NOT.

If you can, I would push for as much as you can. If you have a good relationship with your doctor, this helps.

xxx

It doesn't matter if you live in the UK it is down to the area you live in.

I'm from UK and have had 3 mcs but in my area after 2 they see that as being 'recurrent' and distressing enough. It has everything to do with the consultant and their view on things.

I've recently been told to try again after my results came back negative. I was tested for quite a bit - some things related to mc and some not. I've been told I can now 'go for it' again and at 6 weeks come for an early scan and appointment to discuss treatment (even though there is no 'actual' cause found for my mcs).

I'm sorry for your losses. Hope it works out for us all soon xx

Thanks to beckybumpbaby and coccyx for reasurrance that it can happen for us

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"