Miscarriage - tmi

Bri_

Reaction score
First of sorry if I posted this in the wrong section! I just joined here yesterday and this is my first post, too bad it couldn't be happier.

So I'm about 6 weeks and I just tested positive on a HPT 5 days ago. For the past week and a half I've been having nausea and very mild cramps mostly at night. The past two days the nausea went away. I've also had some spotting happening that could be seen when wiped or drops in the toilet.

Today, I bleed a lot. It was dark red with a tiny bit of clots. I already planned to take a second pregnancy test (the kit came with two so why not) so I decided to take it when I got home. I was still bleeding so while wiping the blood so it wouldn't affect the test a small piece of tissue came out. It was smaller than a dime. I don't know if I would call it a sac it was mostly fleshy not smooth. It didn't even look like it had an "inside" to see something in it. I have a pretty accurate simile for what it looked like but it's a common food so idk if I'll make that simile :/ haha

I did take the test right after since I planned on it anyways and it was a clear positive. Although I know that could be hormones left over if I did miscarry it would have just happened. I'll be taking another soon.

I've been searching google for about 40 minutes on a number of sites for similar experiences and some people were mentioning a corpus luteum and most were saying miscarriage.

I was not in pain just mild cramps, I've had worse on my period. I did have one brief sharp pain cramp when walking up a hill today, that was right before the piece of tissue came out.

I'm not insured and had started looking into insurance a couple days ago for pregnant women. So I'm not sure what my options are with a doctor visit at this point. I'm not sure I'm allowed to get a plan for a pregnant women just to find out I miscarried. I'm just so confused.

Thanks for any help. Hope I was clear. Thanks so much!

I wish I picked a different title for this post :/

I am so sorry you are going through this and that you live where you live and cant go see a doctor. I am in canada so I have no advice for you on where to go. It does sound like you have miscarried I found it comforting to believe that you now have an angle baby.my thoughts and prayers are with you that you get through this. Your test will still be positive it takes awhile for the hormone to leave your system

If your in the states your best option is to go to the emergency room they will do blood work and a scan that way you know whats going on. I really hope you get some answers and so sorry if it is a miscarriage.

While I wish I could go to the ER it's not possible with my income. I'm not in any pain. Wish it could have waited a week or two for me to figure out insurance

While I wish I could go to the ER it's not possible with my income. I'm not in any pain. Wish it could have waited a week or two for me to figure out insurance

I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Is there no way you could go? I would suggest getting seen by a doctor to make sure everything passed due to risk of infection if anything retained. :hugs:

If you go to er they will treat you and just bill you later and you just pay it when you can or dont at all. Your health is more important than a bill.

I am sorry that you are going through this...

Not all bleeding, cramps and clots end in a miscarriage. I had a heavy bleed with medium/large clots and cramps in my first pregnancy. I went to the doctors and they said as there was really nothing they could do if i was going through a natural MC, I should wait and see what happens (unless I started soaking a maxi pad every hour - then i should go to the er). In my case, I stopped bleeding within a couple of days and when I didn't return a neg hpt after a few weeks, I went back and it was at this point they offered me a scan - turned out I was still pregnant. They don't know what caused the bleed or what it was - it is just something that can happen. There are other ladies on here who have also had bleeding that hasn't end in a MC.

Has your bleeding slowed/stopped? If so, maybe give yourself a couple of days to see what happens? If you are still bleeding heavily I would definitely go to the er!

Wishing you all the best.

So sorry your going through this but I had to post. I had a m/c in 2010 and I still had a positive on a pregnancy test 2 weeks after I had lost the baby. Sometimes it just takes a while for the H/c to drop.

With DD I had bleeds at 7/9/11 weeks, but I didn't have clots or anything.
And with this pregnancy I had a bleed at 6 weeks and didn't have any clots yet again. What your describing sounds EXACTLY like what my m/c was.. I'm so sorry!

First of all, I'm so sorry you're going through this. :hugs:

Second, cramping and bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage! You'll see a lot of women talk about spotting/bleeding and things turn out ok. I'm one of them. I've had 4-5 moderately large bleeds, and lots and LOTS of spotting and so far, baby is just fine.

There are a ton of reasons for spotting/bleeding, but you should really get checked out. What about a Planned Parenthood center? Can you go there and just ask what they can do to help you? If you just take HPTs, it can unfortunately take weeks for levels to drop (sometimes it can go much faster). And in that time you're holding onto false hope. For me, I'd rather know whether I'm miscarrying or not.

I really hope you can find help asap!!

My bleeding has slowed a lot. I wore a pad to bed last night and there was barely anything in it this morning. No cramps this morning. Feeling fine.

So I'm assuming not all miscarriages are painful then? All I felt was some discomfort from the cramps but I wouldn't say I was in pain.

I'm going to try to see what my options are with a low cost doctor and head into the ER if I have any pain today.

If you live in the states you can get medicaid for the entire preg it pays for everything. You just go to health dept they confirm preg with a preg test then sign you up for medicaid and my doc sees you at 8 weeks but if you let them no you had some bleeding thwy will prob see you sooner

When I had my bleeding, I had cramps that woke me from my sleep and had me doubled over in the kitchen. And that was from what's called a subchorionic hemorrhage - what caused my bleeding.

Pain isn't usually normal in pregnancy, but blood in the uterus is an irritant and causes cramps and discomfort. The doctors told me its *most likely* not a miscarriage unless I'm filling 2-3 pads and hour and passing clots the size of my hand! I never had anything like that - most of my blood was found when I'd wipe after using the bathroom. One time it must have (tmi) pooled inside of me while I was laying down so when I stood up, there was such a gush that it got on my underwear and then was dripping into the toilet. :(

I wish you the best of luck. And while silent or missed miscarriages happen, doctors say they're very uncommon. So stay positive, and maybe your bleeding is similar to mine - a hemorrhage. Fx

Can I still try to apply for Medicaid? I'm unsure if I'm pregnant or not at this point b/c the HPT will still show positive.

Can I still try to apply for Medicaid? I'm unsure if I'm pregnant or not at this point b/c the HPT will still show positive.

You can but they will require something from a dr saying you are or were pregnant. You'll be able to get that easily! Also, they will cover 90 days prior so any ER or doctors visits will be covered. Definitely take advantage of that and go in. Good luck and don't lose hope yet!

As long as your test is positive they will give it to you and you may not have miscarried if there was so little blood and pain. Thats why its so important you get to doc your baby may still be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->