Miscarriage, treatments and IVF

maaybe2010

ICSI: DR - December <3
Reaction score
I've only had one miscarriage in June.

We got told today we have two options to conceive again:
- Tamoxifen
- IVF

I don't want to try any treatments just to get pregnant and miscarry again, therefore 'wasting' our treatments.

Are there any investigations into miscarriage before any treatments or procedures?

x x x x x x x x

Have you had any blood tests done? What were the results of your HSG? There are so many things to look at before going straight to IVF or Tamoxifen. Do you ovulate regularly? Why would they say Tamoxifen? It sounds like you might need another doctor. I can post all of the things I've had done due to my recurrent miscarriages. It's basically a long list of blood tests.

Hi Maaybe so sorry you have not had ur af yet :hug:

Didnt want to read and run . . . .
I'm sure there are things they can investigate before they put you on meds or ivf, not been there I can't say but I'm sure lots more people can help you out with some info.

All the best and hope you get the results you want very soon, take care x

Have you had any blood tests done? What were the results of your HSG? There are so many things to look at before going straight to IVF or Tamoxifen. Do you ovulate regularly? Why would they say Tamoxifen? It sounds like you might need another doctor. I can post all of the things I've had done due to my recurrent miscarriages. It's basically a long list of blood tests.

Yeah I've had blood tests but only to check for ovulation and immunity to rubella. I do ovulate reguarly and I'm waiting for AF so I can book my HSG O:) They say tamoxifen because OH has a low count and extremley raised ASAb's.

The big thing I'm worried about is we have indoor three cats. . .

Yes please post your list O:)

^^ when i was pregnant first time around there was a vet in first tri with me,
she explained how not dangerous the cats were, you only have to avoid the poo,
so unless you literally touch your cats ass and then lick it, risks are very low.
also, if they are indoor cats, the chances THEY have it are extremely low, so...

ours is an outdoor cat, i'm not immune for toxoplasmosis but there's no way he's not sleeping with us from now on.
we'll change that in time to prepare him bc baby will sleep in our room and we can't
risk him sleeping on the baby,
he'll be a bit mad the first days he can't check up on us but he has his own room upstairs so it shouldn't be a huge deal

^^ when i was pregnant first time around there was a vet in first tri with me,
she explained how not dangerous the cats were, you only have to avoid the poo,
so unless you literally touch your cats ass and then lick it, risks are very low.
also, if they are indoor cats, the chances THEY have it are extremely low, so...

ours is an outdoor cat, i'm not immune for toxoplasmosis but there's no way he's not sleeping with us from now on.
we'll change that in time to prepare him bc baby will sleep in our room and we can't
risk him sleeping on the baby,
he'll be a bit mad the first days he can't check up on us but he has his own room upstairs so it shouldn't be a huge deal

:haha:

Really? that's reasuring O:)
They use the human toilet but are only in the middle of training so there is a lot of cleaning up the poop. . . . and sometimes they do it on the floor :dohh: But it's in their own bathroom so we don't use that toilet and obivously wash our hands after we've cleaned up O:)

Yep they've NEVER been outside really :thumbup:

:flower: x x x x x

Ok, here's what I had (it's a long list):

- Karyotyping for me and my husband
- Sperm analysis for my husband (though my FS said if I'm getting pregnant, the sperm is not the issue.
- FSH (follicle stimulating hormone)
- TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)
- Estradoil
- Progesterone
- CBC (complete blood count) without differential
- Insulin
- Glucose fasting
- Prolactin
- Antithrombin III Activity
- Factor V Leiden
- Cardiolipin Antibody
- Lupus Anticoagulant
- MTHFR Gene Analysis
- Homocysteine, plasma
- Protein C Activity
- Protein S Total
- ALT (ALANINE AMINOTRANSFERASE), SERUM
- AST (ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE), SERUM
- CREATININE, SERUM, WITH GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE
- TPO (THYROPEROXIDASE ANTIBODY)

I've also had a hysteroscopy where they inserted a catheter into the uterine cavity and then filled it with saline. Then they put a tiny camera in there to get a clear look at the uterine cavity to look for polyps or fibroids.

I had the HSG as well.

My FS said the big things to look at are:

1. The anatomy of the uterus (the shape)
2. Clotting disorders (tested by blood tests like MTHFR, Factor V Leiden, Homocysteine and Antithrombin Activity)
3. Hormonal - due to age, diabetes or thyroid issues. Definitely get your thyroid tested.
4. Genetics - karyotype test can tell you if there are genetic issues

I hope this helps. Good luck!!

Wow that is a list lol

I've had a scan and have a normal uterus.
And my hormone tests have all been ok. . . .
So that's 2 out of the biggies I know I'm ok on O:)

I've also already had:
- Sperm analysis for OH (three)
- FSH (follicle stimulating hormone)
- TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)
- CBC (complete blood count) without differential
- Prolactin

I could have had a few more of the others but I'm not sure . . .
Either way that's a lot more blood they're gona want off me! :haha:

x x x x x x x x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back