Miscarriage

Rumpskin

Free to try again!
Reaction score
Hello

It seems I have added threads to so many forums on B&B. Sadly, I did not ever want to add a thread on this forum.

I have been staying at my parents over Christmas as me and my OH were going through a few problems. Just before New Year, I noticed that I did not have sore breasts or nausea. I did not think anything of this.

On Thursday of last week, I noticed brown discharge when going to the loo. I immediately rang the doctors and spoke to the midwife. She reassured me that as long as the d/c was brown and not red, this was okay. At this stage, my OH and I had got back together. That night, we went up to his mums and just before we left to come home, went to the loo and noticed a brown blood clot (sorry if tmi). Went straight to A&E who could not scan me and told me to go home and take paracetamol if I was in pain. She said that it was probably the start of a miscarriage.

To cut a long story short, I had very bad cramps/blood loss all throughout Friday night and Saturday morning. I just feel numb now.

I am having a scan tomorrow. I know it is just a formality. One minute I am okay and the next I am crying. I was just over 9 weeks.

My OH and family have been brilliant.

I have told my boss and have said that I will be taking Monday and Tuesday off next week. Do you think I should take more time off of work?

Any advice would be appreciated.

xx

:sad2:

I am so so sorry 2 hear ur news, miscarriage is a thing where u keep thinkin no it wont happen and it will b okay but wen u realise it is happeneing its the worse thing in the world as its jus spiriling out of control and u cant do nothin to stop it, I had n Emergency scan just beofre i was 9 weeks there was no heartbeat so the decided i was 5 weeks not 9 i knew this wasnt the case but just smiled, then 2 days after the scan it started agony cramps and brown blood and finally i passed a white fluid filled clot (sorry tmi) u just need 2 rest as much as u can and not do any heavy lifting, let others do things for u and cry wen u want 2 cry it took me 3 months to come 2 terms with my miscarriage and 9 months on i am still not preg again, I would not wish the feelings on anyone but am now also scared myself 2 fall pregnant again, Please feel free 2 PM me if u wish to talk about anything as i found alot of comfort in talking to people online.

Thinking of u, take care

Kerry xx

Hi Kerry

Thanks for your reply.

Both my mum and my sister have gone through miscarriages and it does really help talking to others too. I guess it is just a matter of time adjusting to emotions. Did you take much time off of work?

I dont want to think about future pregnancies yet as i am scared that this will happen again. I can totally sympathise with you.

Thanks for listening xx

Hi
So sorry to hear you news, i stayed off whilst i was bleeding with my m/c as it can be a bit uncomfortable otherwise in work if it is very heavy apart from that it helped me to just get back to normal as soon as possible but everyone is different do whatever you feel is best for you x

Hi Kerry

Thanks for your reply.

Both my mum and my sister have gone through miscarriages and it does really help talking to others too. I guess it is just a matter of time adjusting to emotions. Did you take much time off of work?

I dont want to think about future pregnancies yet as i am scared that this will happen again. I can totally sympathise with you.

Thanks for listening xx

I ended up having about 3 months of altogether as i got really depressed and i also work with children so was quite hard 2 go straight bk into iykwim and all i wanted 2 do was be on my own, it made it worse as i had an appointment booked for a follow up scan 2 weeks after emergency scan and i tried 2 cancel it but they wudnt let me so went 2 the appointment and they hadnt even been informed that i m/c so she said right we r gona c how baby is doin, i was like wtf ive jus m/c grrrrr i also have msn if u wana chat at any time im usually on most night take care hun and hope the pain isnt too bad xxxx

so sorry to hear your news sweetheart xxxxxxxxxx

I am sorry to hear of your loss Rumpskin. I hope you are feeling a bit better.

There are a lot of people on the forum who have experienced the same thing, so don't feel like you are alone. I had a miscarriage at five weeks in November and I felt so emotionally wrecked by it for many weeks. I am gradually feeling more positive about ttc again - but scared as well. PM me if you want to chat.:hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :hugs:

Hi girls

Thanks for all your support. Went to the hospital today for my scan which confirmed I had a 'completed miscarriage' which was reassuring. I did not have to have a d&c which was a relief.

I had a blood test today which still confirmed a 'positive' pregnancy. I have to take another pregnancy test in 10 days as a matter of routine to make sure the hormone levels have dramatically dropped.

I am glad that the miscarriage is all over with. I think I will take a couple of days off work and take each day as it comes.

Everyone has been wonderful including you lovely ladies on b&b.

Cant think about trying again for a long time as it was such a horrible experience.

I wish you all well with current and future pregnancies.

xx

So sorry for your loss hun :(

As for work - I wouldnt worry about that, you take the time you need to recover. If you cant face going back just yet, then dont. But if you feel you need to get back to normal then go. Everyone is different.

My heart goes out to you and I really hope you feel a lot better soon.

xxx

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Tho I have no advice or words I can say that will make you feel better ( I wish there was) I will be thinking of you.

im so so sorry :hugs::hugs:at least you have people for support i didnt really only my friend and she hadnt been through it i was just told by most people to forget about it xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->