mischievous little boy!!

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
Oh my goodness. Colton is sooo mischievous!

He has gotten into some bad habits/phases and I dont know how to teach him not to do these things.. he is so young.

Biting, for example. I know little babies bite when they are teething, but I think he has started biting just to bite! He bites my shoulders when I pick him up and when he is sitting next to me he will just bite whereever he can reach: my hands, arms, legs. And it HURTS! He leaves little marks! Sometimes almost makes my eyes water. I bite him back once (not hard!), and he cried so I felt bad :cry: because I feel like he doesn't understand that it hurts me too when he bites. Plus, it's not just me-he bites everybody!

And his next worse one is throwing down his toys just to listen to them hit! I know this is probably a phase, but what can I do to get him over it?
At first we picked up his toys and gave them back; now, I have gotten to were I will pick them up 3-4 times and then I just dont give them back.. which results in him screaming and not wanting to sit and play anymore.
He is really smart about it too.. he was in his highchair and it's sitting next to the table. He knows now that he has to throw them to the right because if he throws them to the left they just go on the table and dont fall and make a bang! Also, today I have really noticed him trying to throw things off the bed. He kept getting it right to the edge of the bed, and when it didn't fall he leaned over and pushed it!

Anyone else? Ideas please! I'm really getting my work out running around picking up toys though! :dohh:

I think both are just phases that he'll grow out of. From what I know they're both very common too. My Mum would say just to persevere with the throwing one for certain... which probably isn't very helpful to you and won't be very helpful to me when Ally goes through that phase!

awww bless him, hes not being mischievious, hes just learning, and excited by his actions, thats all. Hes learning that when he bites mummy, she reacts like that, or when he throws that toy it makes a noise.
Wait til hes in his 2's like my LO, and you will know what mischievious is!! :rofl:

awww bless him, hes not being mischievious, hes just learning, and excited by his actions, thats all. Hes learning that when he bites mummy, she reacts like that, or when he throws that toy it makes a noise.
Wait til hes in his 2's like my LO, and you will know what mischievious is!! :rofl:

:rofl: Oh boy, I'm dreading those 2's!!
Psh.. I'm dreading the 1's and 3's while were at it too!
Running around getting into everything.. oh boy.. I'm really going to get a work out then!

i thought having a baby was hard work...its gets harder!! They are into everything, and hear everything, copy everything...im worn out!!
But your LO is just learning, he isnt being naughty. He sounds advanced for his age, encourage him with toys that make noises etc. xx

He probably doesn't understand that it hurts to bite you, he's still so little and I'm sure it's not malicious. When mine bite, I just say "NO" and put them down and turn my back on them for a few seconds. Obviously mine are walking about and it doesn't take them long to come back for a cuddle/apology. It might work with a 5 month old...

As for the throwing things on the floor on and on and on and on and on ... that one goes. Mainly plates and cups after dinner if I'm not quick enough now. Not sure what the answer is on that. Hope you have a strong back!

I know exaclty waht you mean, Noah is the same. He's just stopped the biting, he never really done it hard but it wasn't something i let lie.

The whole toys thing is driving me mad, he really chucks them hard, he's also getting in to a tantrum stage. If I take a toy off him he really screams and looks at me with the puppy eyes. Noah's just a really rough big boy's boy so he's hard to keep still, wants to touch everything he shouldn't. Take him to his nanna's and he's as good as gold as soon as he's home he's like a whirlwind, causing distruction where ever he goes!!

xx

I know exaclty waht you mean, Noah is the same. He's just stopped the biting, he never really done it hard but it wasn't something i let lie.

The whole toys thing is driving me mad, he really chucks them hard, he's also getting in to a tantrum stage. If I take a toy off him he really screams and looks at me with the puppy eyes. Noah's just a really rough big boy's boy so he's hard to keep still, wants to touch everything he shouldn't. Take him to his nanna's and he's as good as gold as soon as he's home he's like a whirlwind, causing distruction where ever he goes!!

xx

Coltons the same as Noah at my moms. He is good, doesn't cry, and he even holds his own bottle over there! (He fights with me if I try and get him to hold it!) But not like that at home.. and even if I'm there with him (at my moms) he is bad.. it's only when I leave that he is good! :hissy:

Same probs here, biting is now fun to do, and as for throwing things he has been doing it for months, but that is a phase, but Dec has now mastered the actual throwing, before he would just push something till it fell or dropped it, now he THROWS it. Marchbaby has he got to the hitting stage yet?? Dec has it is so much fun to hit or bang everything he sees !!!! Lol But you have to admit it is fun watching them discover all these new wee ways.

Oh boy i hope the biting thing is really just a phase as max is stating this too he takes DH fingers sideways and chomps down on it lol poor DH is almost in tears , we now call him our lil pirhana (sp?)

Same probs here, biting is now fun to do, and as for throwing things he has been doing it for months, but that is a phase, but Dec has now mastered the actual throwing, before he would just push something till it fell or dropped it, now he THROWS it. Marchbaby has he got to the hitting stage yet?? Dec has it is so much fun to hit or bang everything he sees !!!! Lol But you have to admit it is fun watching them discover all these new wee ways.

This is what Colton is doing.. more pushing, or holding his toy over the edge and then letting go. Then sometimes he will even lean over to see it on the floor! :dohh:
He doesn't hit anybody yet, but he does bang his toys around. He picks them up and bangs them against each other and on his highchair tray to make noise. He has the occasional time where he has banged up in the face/head with his toys while we were carrying him, but I dont think it was on purpose.

pirhana.. :rofl: thats cute, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->