Misconceptions of NTNP

cliqmo

Reaction score
Morning (UK time!!) Ladies

As the last few months have been such an education for me, and I continue on this learning curve regarding the NTNP 'casual conception' method, I thought it would be useful for newbies of the future to have a thread they can use to get 'clued up quick' on all matters NTNP.

With that in mind I thought I would start this thread in the hope people can add their own ideas and experiences and we can develop a list of misconceptions about this method of having kids. I will start...

NTNP will be stress free because you don't use OPK or POAS tests

In reality not monitoring or charting just sends you :wacko: guessing dates!

Anyone else have any pearls of wisdom to add?? All advice and sattire welcome :-D

One thing I have been surprised to learn since I have been on here, even though I have only been NTNP for just over 1 week.. :haha:

- Most of us are NOT BD'ing often enough!!
Though I am not sure of an appropriate :winkwink: amount, I did notice MANY MANY posts from people that finally got a BFP when they started BD'ing more often.. and many said for the first year or so either NTNP or TTC they were not BD'ing enough!

- I also think it is a good idea to have an idea of your cycle, AF dates and possible O dates, just to know.. especially if you plan on going from NTNP to TTC!

- GREAT idea for a thread.. hope it gets made into a sticky for all of us!! :flower:

I'm NTNP/TTC for about a week as well and i dnt have any tips yet but i will def be watching this thread... GREAT idea :)

I'm glad I came across this thread. I have been thinking about this recently.

We started NTNP when I went on anti-biotics and needed extra protection on top of the pill. Its about 3/4 weeks later now and i've still not decided to go back on the pill or not.

I would like another baby, but there's always reasons for us not to decide to try, like not having a seperate room for baby, finding a nursery...and other things. And I dont think either of us wants to make the decision, incase we regret it (which im sure we wont)

Does any of this make any sense to anyone?

I've been on this forum alot and I kinda feel like I dont fit in well with alot of it because im not actually TTC.

Oh and I think when it comes to BDing...with me anyway, I feel that I may be avoiding BDing a little bit...just in case.

:flower:

^^ i totally understand!!! we jst bought our first house(2bedroom) and we werent going to have anymore kids for next 5 yrs according to OH till he owned the store that he has managed the past yr and half(so we could afford to sell nd get a bigger house)... but as Aiden gets older he sees how much he is missing having a really LO and how much fun it would be for Aiden to have a tiny lilttle brother/sister.... we are TTC/NTNP ig its kinda both i really really want another but we arent goin to extremes TTC yet, just going to casually ttc or ig ntnp and see if anything happens this next 6 months

my parents put me and my little brother (2 yr difference) in the same nursery and until we were 4 and 2. We were really close as little kids too. we have a basement in our house so OH finished it out and we are puttin our room down there and then if we do get pregnant we will have another nursery...

I managed NTNP for............ a whole 2 weeks :haha:

I have just ordered a basal thermometer, my cycle is currently 48 days and driving me crazy so want to have a bit more of a clue about what my body is doing!! I have had 5 BFNs and symptom spotting REALLY badly booo :af:

I have just ordered a basal thermometer, my cycle is currently 48 days and driving me crazy so want to have a bit more of a clue about what my body is doing!! I have had 5 BFNs and symptom spotting REALLY badly booo :af:

haha sounds exactly like me! It seems as soon as we started ntnp then I started to ttc.. the full works :wacko:

Wish obsession wasn't a symptom of ttc :cry:

Why have you stopped NTNP?

Did you say AF hasn't turned up? How late are you?

I'm 2 weeks late, with all symptoms and still BFN's.

Really annoying - feeling like i'm living life in limbo.

:wacko:

all i can add is every time we gave up TTC and just started NTNP i was pregnant withing the first few weeks! lol

Just popping back in! I was ntnp after my mc so we were not stressing over getting pregnant and enjoying trying! One massive tip is you need to relax hard as it may seem it really does help for a month i was stressing and nothing happened the next month i relaxed took everything as it came and then i fell preg. We were bedding as and when we felt like sometimes only once a week the next week could be everyday just do what feels comfortable to you and enjoy yourselves! Hope this helps and you all get you bfps soon! xxx

Aha! I thought it might've been sex but couldn't for the life of me work out what the two letters stood for :rofl:

I like it :)

We're currently in a weird state at the moment, in that DH is of the mind-set that we're NTNP, but I'm starting to think along the lines that maybe we're TTC, but I'm not actively doing anything to help us TTC.

One thing I do know though, is that we are definitely not BDing enough. But that's due to external factors more than anything else. DH was made redundant at the end of November but is now starting a new job (better pay etc) in January so he's thinking along the lines that we try more often.

Oh and I don't call it baby dancing, just because it would frighten DH off and it also brings up mental images of the animated baby dancing that did the 'rounds' online a few years ago. :)

Yeah I agree, dont really like calling it BD'ing. I suppose its not too bad for forums ect, coz we all know what it means, but I defo wouldn't use it outwith forums, my OH would think i'm nuts, I think its a bit off putting to think about babies while BD'ing loool - even tho we need to do it to make babies, I like to keep both seperate if that makes sense.

Its funny how while NTNP, we end up actually TTC. I think at first, its the thought...ohhh I might get pg, then u think about it more and more, and end up wanting it more.

:winkwink:

I've fallen back to not trying not preventing. I was kind of obsessed for a few months and it wasn't fun and I felt myself getting depressed. We've decided we are going to let chips fall where they may. I'm only tracking when I get my period, as I've not been exactly consistent these past couple of months. But no more obsessing when I can take a pregnancy test. Way to much time thinking about that.
Glad to just relax now and not worry so much. After my last period was two weeks late, I said to myself, enough. I'm feeling pretty good now and check the forum from time to time.
Have a great new year all! :)

PS: Just changed my mood to relax. Now off to meet up with some girlfriends for lunch and a margarita! :D

Hello, everyone!

Thanks for starting this thread. My best friend got married in August and while she is two years younger than me (I'm 35), she is super neurotic and fairly determined to get pregnant. So she and her friends at work are or were all TTC. She tells me about things, and while I do want a family, I just don't want to enter the stressed out and oh-so-public world of TTC. I don't want to feel like a failure or depressed b/c i am not succeeding, and i don't want people asking me about my sex life. it's bad enough with annoying relatives. So anywho, I may move into TTC at some point, but for now, this seems like a good place to get some info from time to time.

The reason i found this site is that i am awaiting my period currently, but had a nagging thought that if i could have a fertilized egg, i should look into ibuprofen. i often get horrible cramps, so i try to take ibuprofen at the first sign of cramps - which often turns out to be days before my period. so i just learned that ibuprofen can hinder ovulation (not an issue for me, since i don't take it then) but can also hinder implantation - big problem for me, if it's true. so now my quandry is to gamble on the not strong likelihood that i am pregnant, since we only had sex once during the right mucus time this month - or stave off cramps. i already have taken 3 doses in the past 2 days, but this morning i switched to tylenol, though this doesn't actually prevent cramps like IB does. Then i got to thinking - women accidentally get pregnant ALL the time! so surely it can't always prevent implantation. and then all the other things people talk about with TTC - again, women get pregnant all the time without trying. so is all the worry and stress really helpful in the final analysis? Thoughts?

Green chicago hi... i too take ibuprofen for period cramps at the exact same time u do. i had worried that it might not do much good is pregnant but didnt know it could actually prevent implantation! thats not good.. like u say thm im sure many get pregnant regardless. if ur pretty ssure its pms then take it, maybe dont if u suspect pregnancy??:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->