Misconceptions of NTNP

Wow

Didn't know that about Ibuprofen, I take it quite alot for back pain. I did know that you cant take it when pregnant though.

Your definately right about people falling pregnant accidentally all the time. Also, think of the amount of people who drink and take drugs through pregnancy and still have a healthy baby...all of these things are things that you would be better off doing, but doesn't neccesarily effect baby. For example, I quit smoking when i fell pg with my daughter, she was born quite small. My friend smoked 20 through her pregnancy and had a massive healthy baby boy the other week.

Also, think about the people who fall pregnant whilst on the pill. Nothing is 100%

I cant think of anything worse than taking a pregnancy test every morning like some ppl ttc do. And then having the let down of it being negative. If its meant to be, it'll be, dont matter how many tests you take. Although, for some people their totm is all over the place and predicting ovulation is a gods end to them as they know the best times to do the deed.

If you look through the forum you'll see loads of stories of ppl who have been ttc for years, then start ntnp and just like magic they fall pregnant.

I got pregnant the month me and my husband decided to avoid my fertile days because we were about to go on holiday. Just goes to show that you could easily be getting your days wrong!

Just looked the ibuprofen thing up on NHS, did not know that! And it's what I take if headache etc, won't be doing that again!

I managed NTNP for............ a whole 2 weeks :haha:

I have just ordered a basal thermometer, my cycle is currently 48 days and driving me crazy so want to have a bit more of a clue about what my body is doing!! I have had 5 BFNs and symptom spotting REALLY badly booo :af:

I am in the same shoes! Hubby and I decided we would NTNP....and as soon as I thought I might get pregnant, I wanted to control everything! :wacko: But I think you're right to get more informed about your body...especially when long cycles can throw things off a bit. I'm keeping a journal and have started taking soy to hopefully shorten my cycle.

Good luck!

I really want to just let nature take it's course, but now I'm off the pill and there's a chance I could fall pregnant I've ordered a thermometer to chart my temps. I'm thinking i'm only going to do it for a month or two so I know roughly when I will Ov so I will actually know if AF is late and to take a test. I really don't want to get all stressed about TTC.

Ibuprofen is to be avoided. However, I was told by a nurse that I shouldn't take Tylenol Extra Strength either. Just plain Tylenol (acetaminophen) only. I'm thinking they want you to take as little as possible. I haven't seen anything on line that says Extra Strength is a no-no.

When I try to tell people we're NTNP, a lot of people say that I'm trying because I use the app on my HTC to track my periods and make an effort to BD more during the fertile times, but we are just having :sex: when we feel like it. I also try and do things that my OH likes but don't result in conception in my less fertile times.
I'm not using OV tests, I'm not altering my life style (alcohol, vitamins etc) until I know I'm pg. I'm not going to test till after AF is due, and to that end only have the more expensive HPTs, as having ICs really was too much of a temptation, and I could have easily developed a POAS addiction! I did buy some OV tests, but I haven't used them, and they've got lost in the recent move, so I'd have to really want them!
I came off the pill in July, and haven't had any luck yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->