Miss Brooke Hughes - 17.12.08

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Well here we go ....

4.30am Wednesday morning i was awoken to my waters breaking all over the bed (stupid me didnt have a protective sheet on either :dohh:) woke up OH and phoned delivery suite and made my way over to the hospital. Headed over and they checked babys HB and pretty much sent me back home!!

By 9am i was in a fair bit of pain so we headed back over, they came in and checked me over and i was 4cm dilated. They explained that i was feeling it more as she was back to back so i had some pethidine for that just to ease the pain.

2pm came and i was only 5cm dilated so i got the hump and started on the gas & air, mw was encouraging me to walk around but i was so tired i just kept nodding off inbetween contractions to get some rest. By 6.30pm i was 9cm dilated, this was when i reeeeeeeeally got the hump and wanted to push but as i finally got fully dilated one tiny piece of my cervix wouldnt budge so the senior mw tried to get my to lie on my side swiftly to be told "No i cant f**king move im staying like this"

Eventually by 8pm i was ready to push and boy did that bit hurt, i never imagined that part to take so long. The gas & air mouthpiece didnt leave my mouth for the entire hour unless it was to shout or moan lol.

At one point i had enough and asked the mw to "pull her out because im not doing this anymore ive had enough" As professional as she was she burst out laughing at that :rofl:

So at 8.57pm baby Brooke came into the world, to a crying daddy and a stunned mummy. Weighing in at only 6lb 13oz with a thick head of blondey hair. I came away pretty much intact, not tears/cuts/stitches just a little bit tender and sore as to be expected. We were home tucked up safe and sound by 12.30/1.00am. They offered me to go home i didnt ask, they said i could choose as everything had been straightfoward and there had been no complications and both me and Brooke were fine :)

Brooke is sooooo tiny its unreal, im loving being a mummy although ive got one noisy baby who loves to scream the house down, but im sure she'll be fine once she's got the hang of things. One things for sure she's a real daddys girl already :cloud9:

Right here are a few piccies!! I will hopefully catch up with all these new arrivals soon :hugs:

Attachments

• Brooke 18.12.08 (3).jpg
    Brooke 18.12.08 (3).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 353
  • Brooke 18.12.08 (5).jpg
    Brooke 18.12.08 (5).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 388
  • Brooke 19.12.08 (2).jpg
    Brooke 19.12.08 (2).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 394
  • Brooke 19.12.08.jpg
    Brooke 19.12.08.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 454
Sounds like the perfect birth!!

And she looks so tiny...just like a doll!

Congratulations! x

Aww hun congratulations!!! Shes lovely and so dinky! Hope my births like urs sounds like it was all pretty straight forward:)
P.S i had a feeling she would be brooke it goes really well with the surname and its really pretty x

she is beautiful holly i love the name and wow what a wonderful birth x x

Congratulations and well done xx

shes stunning , congrats xx :cloud9:

awwww ur little princess is perfect and so beautiful
congrats :hug:

Congrats Hun!!!! Brooke is so cute! Im very happy it was smooth and no problems!!!!! :hugs:

Congrats darling!!!! She's so titchy!!! Beeeeeeeautiful too....:cloud9:

I cant believe she's finally here :cry: I'm sooooooooooo happy for you and Carl xxxx

Huge congratulations sweetie, she's stunning, well done you and welcome brooke! x

Congrats holly shes gorgeous! cant believe u were home so quick! i think i wouldve been scared to go home that quick!

And they took my gas and air away when i had to push! :sulk:

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"