Miss sold PPI has anyone claimed?

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
I'm wanting to put in a claim to Lloyd's which I have a loan and a credit card with and just wondered if anyone's done a PPI claim before, how do you go about it, what will I need details wise, any recommendations for any companies I can go through?

Really hope I can claim back some money to put towards a mortgage :)

Money saving expert is your best bet, they have all the info on there. We were genuinely missold PPI but we only got one company to admit this and pay up, we wrote to them direct using the templates on the MSE site. We used a company to try and get our PPI back from other banks but no success so far. Companies aren't really any more 'able' than you to get the money back and they take a high percentage of your win if you do get your money back but in some cases if you don't have time to keep chasing up the bank or company they can be useful xx

I went on the banks website and got a form, I googled "Barclays PPI" which took me straight to the link. I downloaded the form, put in the details. I didn't know the account number but knew the rough date the loan started. Posted it off and 3 weeks later, they responded to say I was successful, they repaid the amount I had paid + interest. The money was already in my account.

I personally wouldn't bother with a company.

I got £6k back from lloyds for 3 old loans and a credit card.

Lloyds are actually really good for ppi claims. You just call them and ask to be put through to the ppi department. They will give you the account numbers for your old loans and credit cards and you just give them a reason as to why you think you were mis-sold the ppi. I just said I wouldn't have needed it seeing as how if I'd become ill my work would have fully paid me for 6 months and if I'd been made redundant my redundancy money would have paid it all off and they should have known that when I gave them my employers details. I seem to think they sent me some forms to sign after that.

They did everything else for me and about 6 weeks later I got shed loads of cash! :)

go to moneysaving expert and use their forms. that is all you need! OH did this, and they just paid out. My sister on the other hand had paid some company £300 as she has SO many policies she hasn't kept track of (so she says!) - how she can have THAT many I have no idea!!!

I went on the banks website and got a form, I googled "Barclays PPI" which took me straight to the link. I downloaded the form, put in the details. I didn't know the account number but knew the rough date the loan started. Posted it off and 3 weeks later, they responded to say I was successful, they repaid the amount I had paid + interest. The money was already in my account.

I personally wouldn't bother with a company.

I wish we had that with Barclays and Barclaycard but despite sending them their own forms with the account number and exact details they act the fool and pretend they have no record of that account or ask us to send info we already sent them and they acknowledged receipt of. Having said that there was another loan company that did pay out for us despite apparently being the worst company for getting PPI back ever, and yet with us we wrote them one letter and they sent us a form to claim a substantial sum back immediately. Sadly we didn't get to enjoy a penny of the money as OH owed his aunt the entire amount anyway xx

My OH used the claims guys.... They searched everywhere, found HSBC owed him 2k, but they also said he owed them 2k from an outstanding loan he had out so they just kept his compo... Claims guys are still chasing him for a grand for their fees!!!!

So he got nothing and ended up owing another debt :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->