Missed 6 week PP c-section check up, big deal?

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I had an emergency c-section 9 weeks ago now (had planned a water birth... Didn't quite go to plan lol). I was told to have a check up at 6 weeks PP so when I booked in my daughters 6 week vaccinations I asked for that to be checked at the appointment too. But on the day I was so absorbed with comforting my LO through her needles that I forgot to have myself looked at and my doctor didn't bring it up!

I'm now 9 weeks PP and not having any issues but should I still make an app to be looked at? Has anyone else not been checked? It's a little hard getting to the doctors because my husband works long hours and has our only car but of course I'd go if I need to. The only exercise I'm currently doing is walks anyway but don't want to skip it if it's a vital check.

If your fine and ur scar is healing well I wouldn't bother! I had a combined appointment and my doctor took a very quick look at my scar and asked if there were any issues and that was it! I only needed that appointment so I could get the go ahead I could drive again!

They didn't do much at mine. Just had a quick look at the scar and said it looked okay.

I guess only a big issue if you are still experiencing pain or any discomfort etc? How does it feel and look to you?

x

I don't think it's a big deal. I remember waiting 45 mins only to be seen by the doctor for like a minute. All he did was look at my scar and tell me it looks good. It felt like a waste of time.

Geez I went to mine and he didn't even look at my incision, just asked how I was doing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->