• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Missed m/c after threatened m/c??? please help

scorpioqt86

Reaction score
Hi I stumbled across this forum after having no luck with google. It seems many women here are very knowledgeable and can be a better help than some site that is speaking not from experience but from a medical perspective instead. On September 25, 2008 me and my husband had sex early a.m. after about 30 minutes after I got up to use the rest room and take a shower. Nothing felt diff in my underwear (I thought it was just the sperm and stuff in my panties) when I pulled my undies down there were two big clots about the size of my palm. I then screamed for my husband he rushed and looked and then broke down and cried (thinking it was his fault because of the sex). While in tears myself I got in the shower and as soon as I got in I passed another big clot. Washed up a little put on a pad and rushed to the E.R. When we saw the doc, he said the hormones (blood test) were good and were as they should be. He performed a pelvic exam and the cervix was closed but he could he a clot (that had gotten stuck it was small). I never experienced any cramps (not even a little bit ) docs and nurses were happy to hear that. After the pelvic exam he ordered an ultra-sound to see if I was indeed miscarrying. THANK GOD the baby had an excellent heartbeat 165 (I was 9 wks 1 day according to u/s my dates were 9 wks 3 days). I was happy because I was no longer bleeding also. Me and hubby were sent home with a threatened miscarriage diagnosis. Ok it has been 1 wk 1 day since that ordeal and my doc wont get me until Oct 24, 2008. I am so worried because the bleeding had stopped completely, and started to turn brown. It is still brown but I thought it would have stopped by now. Could a threatened miscarriage turn into a missed m/c? Or do you think the brown is a good sign and is old blood? Please oh please give me some insight, I would be so thankful for any and all comments as well as personal experiences if someone experience something similar.

I also forgot the mention that the groin discomfort I was having before which I heard was normal have gotten a little more intense. I was wondering if the baby was lying extra low or something when the tech was doing the ultrasound it seems like she was pretty low with the doppler. I'm not sure though because that was my first u/s.

another thing is the brown discharge is spotting not bleeding.

Well, I am glad that you only had a threatened MC. I think that you should lay down and rest with your feet up and see if that helps your spotting. From my POV I think that to bleeding going away is good and brown spotting can mean it is ending. Cervix closed is great and HB sounds good. I had a fear after I had a missed MC so when I was pregnant with my son I rented a doppler from this site:
https://www.babybeat.com/fetal-dopplers.html?gclid=CNz5xfTpi5YCFRMUiQodqWXlFQ
It is a little expensive but it eased my fears a lot. I was 9 weeks and 5 days when I received the doppler and heard the HB that day for the first time. I think that with a threatened MC it might help you keep from stressing out. Good luck and I will cross my fingers for you.

Sorry to hear you have gone through such an ordeal. Unfortunately it can happen, it happened to me, but this does NOT mean it is going to happen to you. I was told that if they see a heartbeat there is a 90% chance that everything will be ok. In my case I have a fibroid and they think it may have been reducing the blood supply.
There are many many women who have threatened m/c's and go on to have healthy babies, so try not to worry and I really really hope that when you go back for your scan that everything is ok and your baby is healthy :hug:

I cant help on the first part of your question but i had brown spotting last weekend, I was sure i was going to miscarry, i had a scan on tues and everything was fine they had no idea where it had come from as everything inside looked just fine, i'm now feeling sick as a pig again so i'm seeing this as a sign things are still alright, good luck i'm sure you will be fine xxx

Hi hun. I'm sorry that you are going through this. :hugs: By the sounds of it, everything seems to still be okay. What a great amount of stress you are under. If the bleeding/spotting is still brown, that is a good sign. It's also a great sign that you have heard the heartbeat!

When I had my missed miscarriage in May, it started out with brown spotting and bleeding, but within a couple of hours I was gushing red blood with severe cramps.

If your condition worsens, head to emergency.

It still seems very promising, lots of women do have bleeding during pregnancies and go on to have healthy babies. I'm going to tell you to try to relax, put your feet up and watch some girlie movies. I know that it is hard to do right now, but try. It sounds like you are going to be just fine. :hug:

Thank you ladies for your kind words, yes it is very hard not to worry especially considering I have been pregnant 2 times before and they ended in m/c. The first one I did not even know I was pregnant because I was still having cycles, and then all of a sudden I got my period and it went over my normal 3 days and the pain grew and grew and then I passed the sac. I rushed to the E.R. and since I didnt know I was pregnant I thought I had cancer or something (I was young although married and just did not know). They said I had miscarried and we were devastated. The second time was earlier this year I was only about 5-6 wks pregnant, but that time all my tests were negative and i was spotting a tanish discharge, I was pretty sure it was ectopic because the I got a fever and then all of a sudden I started bleeding and bleeding, I didnt pass a sac if was just lots of blood.

Ty for the suggestions also I am going to invest in renting that doppler to help ease my mind. Thank you all again, it is so nice to be able to talk to someone when everyone I know DO NOT understand, and I don't think soe even care :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"