missed mc need some help please

susan36

team :blue: after 4 mc
Reaction score
hi ladies, dont know if im posting in the correct section or not, anyway here goes , i went for a scan today i thought id be atleast 9 weeks, scan showed baby ay 6w2d but they couldnt find a heartbeat, iv to go next week for another scan , i know im clasping at staws but has anyone been thro this and its all been ok , not had any bleeding yet , and according to them baby died 3 weeks ago, also does any 1 know if a d&c is a must at this stage sorry its so long i really dont know what to do , thanks susan

Hiya Susan, I'm so, so sorry to hear what a bad time you're having. I haven't had a mc personally (I had a tfmr at 18 wks and gave birth in March) so I'm not certain of what's normal and what's not. However, I do know that a d&c is only given where its necessary so you may not have to have one. Its awful when you're just waiting for that next scan but all of the women on here are so lovely & helpful so you'll get all the support you need x

hey susan, so sorry to hear that you have to go through this. Unfortunately this happened to me too...No heartbeat at 8 weeks. I wish i could give you some hope but i think no heartbeat at 9 weeks is pretty definate unless you have made a mistake with your cycle and are really only 6 weeks.
we are here for you

so sorry susan i had a missed miscarriage 3 and half yrs ago and i had no blood but didnt have d&c , i bledd little but few days later and had scan following week it was all gone .. im so sorry hunny xxxxxxx

Hi Susan

I'm really sorry you're going through this - it is a scary, devistating time. There are always the occasional stories of misdiagnosis that give us hope. See what your next scan brings - hopefully it'll be good news.

If not you have three options:

Natural - at this stage it would be like a very bad period - you should be able to stem the pain with painkillers and if it was unmanagable you could go to the hospital as they can provide greater pain releif. I had this and, although I was devistated emotionally, I was able to cope at home. My next af after my mc was 35days

Medical managment - they will give you medication to kick off the mc - after that it would be similar to a natural mc I would assume

Obviously in both natural and med managed there is always a chance that the mc would not be complete in which case you would have a d&c

D&C - you would be under general anaesthetic and it would be over faster - you might still bleed afterwards - it can take longer for the womb lining to get back to normal afterwards

Wobbles has put a very good sticky on the miscarriage support forum which goes in to far greater detail.

Good luck at your next scan

take care :hugs:

hx

thanks alot for the replies , i think i have my dates wrong as i have a 29-35 cycle and got a implant bleed on 5th may ,dont know if it makes much diff tho gives me sum hope to cling on to , had a scan on 17th may and was only a sac at 4.9mm and today fetus was 6.3 mm , think im in denial thanks again susan

Hi hun, so sorry for what you're going through. This happened to me twice and both times Ive opted for d&c which was a godsend for me personally. But you have to go with your gut feeling. I do wish to correct an above post, not to scare you but to inform you. The post states that at this stage you will only have a bad period. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing. I had 2mmc's and i started to mc at home before i got in for the d&c - but i still needed them. However, as there's no way of knowing how your mc will be (if indeed you have a mmc, that is, and lets hope not!!) and mine was with full on contractions every 2-3 minutes and the accompanying blood loss. The first time i was 3 cm dilated when i went into hospital. It was very, very not good and i have a high pain threshold.

I KNOW this was me and MY situation but id rather you weren't told its gonna be 'like a bad period' when mine was nothing of the sort (unless of course you always have really bad periods). Information is the key. Oh, and i was nearly 10 weeks (told it was 8) the first time and 8 weeks (told it was 6) the second.

I hope and pray you go in for your scan and all is well. Stranger things have happened!

We're here if you need us - always!

Mucho hugs, Hun! :hugs:

Omi xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back