Missed Miscarriage

Dani88

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My husband and I have been trying for over two years and about a year and a half ago we found out he isn't producing sperm - we tried everything to reverse this including vitamins, meds, hormones, diet, exercise, surgery to extract sperm for IVF and nothing worked. We grieved the lose of a biological child and were in a good place to start trying with donor sperm. We did our first IUI and it was unsuccessful... we were crushed as I was really hopeful. When the second IUI worked, we couldn't believe it and were so happy. Then at about 5 weeks I started spotting and went to the hospital. They said that everything appeared normal but that it was too early to know for sure and to just relax and come back if the bleeding got worse. Five days later I went back to emerge because I was bleeding so much that I'd soak a heavy pad in 20 minutes or so and there were clots. They ran some tests and did an external ultrasound. I was told I am probably misscarrying and was booked in for an internal ultrasound for the next day. I went home devastated. I had never been more upset about anything in my entire life. The next day comes and I go for the ultrasound and more bloodwork and was told there was a normal healthy heartbeat (114 bmp) and that my baby measured 6 weeks and 2 days. I then went from bleeding back to spotting and have been spotting up until today... but it's gotten better as the days have gone on. I went in for another ultrasound when I was suppose to be 7 weeks and my husband came and we both heard the heartbeat - it was 115 bmp. They said I was measuring at 6 weeks and 4 days so that my due date would be three days later than what I was originally told. They said that everything was good and that the bleeding was okay... it was coming from a subchorionic hematoma which measured about 5x4x3 cm and they said that it should get smaller and absorb on it's own and to come back in a week or two to check on it. I went in yesterday at 8 weeks and 2 days and they told me there is no heartbeat and that the baby is measuring only 7 weeks and 3 days. I now have to go in for a D&C. I am devastated and cannot stop crying and thinking about this. I wish I still had some hope that things would be okay... they said that the tech I got is really good and would not mess up and that once I go from hearing a heartbeat to not hearing it, that that means the baby is dead. Has anyone gone through something like this?

I'm so sorry.. Even if the tech was really good I would have a second opinion before a d&c. I would just have to have no doubt. :hugs:

I had this happen when I was much younger (teenage). It's horrible and such a shock.

If this was confirmed on a vaginal ultrasound and the heartbeat was not visible or audible, then sadly it's very likely you have had a MMC. You can request a second opinion though. I went back TWICE with mine, but unfortunately they were right the first time.

These shitty things are usually a one-time occurance, and I did go on to have a healthy baby girl many years later, and am carrying another baby now who so far is fine, so don't lose hope and keep on trying.

Take care.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Like the other poster I'd also get a second opinion or you'll always wonder. Look after yourself xxx

sorry to hear - sounds really tough.
i would get a second opinion also, just for peace of mind

i have had a missed miscarriage before, they are normally just one off events. i am now pregnant after my miscarriage and baby is perfect and healthy
sending you lots of love

I am so sorry. I'm waiting to find out if my experience will be similar. I was supposed to be 9w1d along, and my embryo measured 7w5d, with a heartbeat. That's 10 days behind!!!!! So, I go back in this week to find out if the embryo has died or not yet. If the embryo is still alive and measures a week larger, we'll do this again in another week or so. It's awful. Waiting for this. I know that your heart is broken. I'm devastated, and I'm not even going through it yet. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->