Missed Period, Missed Symptoms - New BC

LuLu26

Reaction score
Ok, I'm new here, but need advice. I've been on bc for quite some time, but recently switched from OrthoLo to Loestrin (no side effects, no changes, all went well). April 23rd was my "real" LMP, which on Loestrin has been 2-3 days as opposed to my normal 3-5 on Ortho. I then switched from Loestrin to the generic Junel on my next month, and again no side effects/changes. I missed 2 pills in a row at the end of week 2 and didn't catch up (dtd both days) and missed a few more sporadically throughout the pack (again dtd here and there). We're not TTC but not trying to prevent it either. However, AF did not show on schedule. She was MIA for - well, who knows!
I took a test that Friday afternoon the week it was due - BFN. Took another that Sunday - BFN. Took it again the next Wednesday - same result. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms other than eggs and coffee tasted gross one day, had dull cramping/aches in the center of my abdomen, and have been feeling tired. While I could chalk this up to my cycle just re-adjusting, I have no idea when/if I have ovulated.
I have not restarted my BC as I am waiting on my next "real" cycle, and my fiance and I have been having unprotected sex at random. I did experience dark brown spotting the weekend before last (1 week after AF was due, 2 weeks after stopping the pill, and 10 days after unprotected sex). TMI WARNING::: Yesterday I experienced a jelly, off-white glob of CM, but other than that, I have been dry for the most part.
If my cycle started again the week I first went off the pill, the spotting could have been implantation bleeding (?) Dull cramps came back for 2 days, and I don't know where to go from here. Do I wait until next week when my next period should be starting, or get a blood test in case more is going on than I may realize? I hate to think I'm over-analyzing, but I'd really just like an answer one way or another!

And, please, if anyone feels the need to tell me that maybe I just need to be better about taking the pill, save it! :)

I would be inclined to think that stopping one bcp can cause a change to your usual cycles, so may be just a hormonal imbalance that is making you late. Wait a few more days then test again. Still a chance you might be preg of course but personally I'd just wait and see for now. :)

Thank you, fluffpuffin. I don't *feel* pregnant, so I'm taking much stock in it, but I know everyone is different, so I'm still a little hopeful! :-k

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->