Missed Rhogam?

MKL073007

1 girl, 5 angels <3
Reaction score
I was wondering....I have a healthy almost 4 yr old little girl, absolute wonderful spotless pregnancy. I had a miscarriage in March '10 and another one July '10...Now the 1st one was really heavy and I passed a ping pong ball sized clot [an empty sac]and my then ob waited and never gave me my Rhogam shot after that miscarriage. The 2nd miscarriage ended in a d&c and I got a shot that time. Do you think the 2nd miscarriage happened because of not getting it or any subsequent pregnancies could be problematic because I was denied the Rhogam with my 1st miscarriage.

I am not sure and don't really have an answer for you. I think there is a bloodtest you can request to see if your body has the antibodies....maybe to put your mind at ease.

I am having the same concerns, as I think I got my shot too late....started spotting on the Wed....and did not get the shot until the following Tuesday. (Outside of the 72hour window). Although my shot was given within 72hours of heavy bleeding, just not the initial spotting). Very confused.

I would speak with your doctor to see about bloodwork. I am going to do the same.

Yikes! That's definitely possible! Does your partner know his blood type? If he's negative as well, then you have nothing to worry about; if he's positive, then your OB dropped the ball. I'm not trying to scare you, but I would definitely point this out to your OB office. You may need to have bloodwork done to see if you're "anti-body positive". If you have a future pregnancy where your baby is RH positive, you can have major complications with the pregnancy, including miscarriage.

Hi there - I have had three miscarriages and received rhogam for all three. I asked my OB to do the anti-body blood test, which she did. I had originally asked my family doctor and he said there was no such test - he was definitely wrong!

That is scary. I told them I needed it! And he delivered my daughter and I got the shot, so I don't know why he said not to give it to me. After that happened and I left the ER I supposed to follow up at his office the next day and they told me that if i didnt have insurance or medicaid and couldnt pay for it then I would not be getting a d&c. I didn't know what to do or say, I'd never had a m/c before and I was in such a state/panic, I was just lost...So of course I have a new OB now :D and he is great. I need to make an appt for my yearly so I will talk with him about that for sure.

Do you think if i called and asked for my records they would give them to me?

Definitely get your records. Some offices may charge you a small fee and have you sign a permission form, but it's your medical information, so it belongs to you. Your new OB probably would like to have a past medical info as well. Good luck with things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->