Missed two midwife appointments due to no notification... Feeling frustrated

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Has anyone else missed any midwife appointments? I'm 25 weeks and my last appointment with my midwife was at 16 weeks, following that I had a scan at about 18 weeks and my midwife indicated that she would be in touch to notify me of my next appointment. It's my first bub so it probably seems very naive to some people but I only started getting concerned about my lack of appointments about a week ago. I tried emailing my midwife reception twice with no response and just today I've come across some information that indicates I should've had appointments at 20 weeks AND 24 weeks... I've had zero contact from the hospital.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated because they also forgot to notify me of my last scan appointment - I had to call and ask "um I think I'm due for a scan" and they said yes I had a booked in appointment in a few days and they were surprised no one had contacted me. I confirmed all my contact details at my last appointment so feeling a bit annoyed that it sounds like they're just forgetting to contact me. Now it's Friday night here so I'll have to wait until Monday to call and really get it sorted. I'm worried I've missed something important :(

My OB and perinatologists have me schedule my next appointments before I leave their offices. Would your midwife be willing to do that for you and follow up with an appointment confirmation phone call?

Things may be different where you are but here you don't generally see a midwife between 16/17 weeks and 24/25 weeks with your first baby, you just have your scan around 20 weeks (or between 19 and 21 weeks). So maybe you didn't miss one at 20 weeks, but you should be due to have one around now; again though, we have to make/arrange all our own appointments after the first one here, we aren't contacted with anything. Can you not contact your midwife directly, have you got her mobile number?

missed my NT and 12 week appointment many thanks to my insurance lying to me about coverage.

I called my docs office to make my 8 week appointment and they updated my info and told me they'd call back to schedule. Well a week went by so I decided to call them back. I was only 5 weeks so it wasn't that big of a deal. But when I talked to the receptionst they had already scheduled 3 appointments for me and just never bothered to call. Kind of annoying. So now I'm on top of everything and I make my appointments before I leave there every time.

Gosh that would be upsetting! I used to schedule the next appointment with my midwife during each visit. She would send me a reminder text anyway, midwives seems to be more available regarding contact times here though.

Ugh sorry to hear that some of you have also had trouble with appointments! It is definitely frustrating.

I managed to get onto my birth centre this morning and thankfully it is actually just the 24 week appointment I've missed as my doctors appointment around 20 weeks sufficed for the "20 week check up" marked in my midwife booklet. They admitted though that they had forgotten to contact me about the appointment and actually the lady I spoke to couldn't even see that they had even booked me in for one at all :wacko: it's a bit frustrating but they were very nice about it and scheduled me in for tomorrow to catch up on the missed appointment.

Thank you for listening though! I was truly frustrated and stressed about it all weekend, not fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->