Missing it

supernurse

Mum of 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
I completely stopped breastfeeding about 3 weeks ago and was cool about it but the past few days I can't stop thinking about it and how much I'm missing it :cry:

I had cut down to feeding her in the middle of the night for a few weeks so it wasn't too much of a shock. But the same closeness you get isn't there anymore.

Anyone else stopped and feel this way? Anyone stopped and then started again, actually is this possible????

Are you still producing any milk? If so, then maybe start with once a day letting her nurse. Lots of skin to skin contact will help as well. You can also take supplements to increase your supply. Here is an article from La Leche League that is good.

https://www.llli.org/FAQ/increase.html

Good luck hun!

I stopped when Keira was about 3 months also and I miss it all the time!!! I would pick her up and her little head was always spinning around, looking for boob and now she doesnt even care even though its right in front of her face when I hold her!! :cry:

This is part of the reason, I haven't stopped. I plan on going to a year, but every time I think it would be easier to bottle feed I think I would just miss the cuddles too much! It's the only thing, that only I can give her.

kellymom has lots of information on relactation too. I'm trying to get Alasdair back on a bit more and sometimes he goes and sometimes he doesn't. I do still have milk though. I asked my HV about it and she wasn't much help but I am going to ask my Dr when I'm there for something else tomorrow. I'll let you know if she says anything helpful. The thing I am having trouble with is that Alasdair won't go on when he's upset and won't go on for long. But, tbh, I am happy just to be doing it for a little while with him even if he isn't doing it for the nutritional value. If that makes sense. :hugs: I think I know how you feel x

i hope you find the answers and help you are looking for. this has made me think. i was going to stop sooner rather than later because i have to go back to work soon...what to do???:cry:

I had stopped gradually cause it was one of the things we were doing to try and resolve the nightmare we had been having with her and she seemed to be a lot more settled with the formula.

I'd never checked to see if I'm still producing until you just mentioned it Sam and guess what....I am!!! I'm gonna give it a go and see if I can still do it, wish me luck.

Oh best of luck hun. I think as long as you are producing, and are patient you should be able to get it back.

I am so tempted to start BF again since I stopped hes getting sick all the time ..I know he will eventually but I hate to see him sick but the only problem is he wont latch on at all .. so i think im just done...

Alasdair will only latch on when he isn't hungry. It's fine but I feel like it's a bit of a waste! It's like a fun comfort thing for him I think...something to pass the time!

This is part of the reason, I haven't stopped. I plan on going to a year, but every time I think it would be easier to bottle feed I think I would just miss the cuddles too much! It's the only thing, that only I can give her.

I'm the same as you. I plan on bf for a year. At times I think bottle feeding would be so much easier, but it's not as good as what I can give my LO, it's more expensive and the bonding is such a prescious thing and only lasts for so long and then it's over.

Supernurse, if you still have some milk supply left, I would definatley try again. It's worth a shot. Good luck.

Well, I've tried and you should have seen the look I got LOL.
She just did not know what to do with it she looked at me as if to say, what the hell is this your sticking in my mouth. Tried a couple of times and the second time she started crying. So I guess that's it, breastfeeding will have to remain a cherished memory.xx

Oh hun, I am sorry to hear. No matter you did a great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->