Missy26 Birth Story

missy26

Reaction score
Right let's see if i can rememeber most of this

Half 4 in the morning on Thursday woke up to a pain in my pelvis it went away and came back realised after my 7th one these were proper contractions and not BHs. So as you most of you lot know as spent half the day on PF as they were only happening twice an hour to every 45 mins. OH came home at about 2pm and come 5pm we were timing contractions to every 10 mins so we phoned up birthing centre to find out when we should go in and was told wait till contractions were every 5 mins come 6pm they had come to every 5mins rang them up again and was told tried to stay home longer and have hot bath to ease the pain.
Well the hot bath had the opposite reaction was lying in there when had a painful contraction by the 3rd one thought had enough of this so got out dried and dressed and went downstairs to tell OH by half 7 they were coming every 2/3 mins and by one ended up making me go on the floor on all fours to breath and rock through it he legged it next door to get next door neighbour to take us in to hospital which he did.
Got there and was put in a birthing room and told to wait to be examined as they just had a woman give birth to a 10lb baby (ouch ) so waited for about an 45mins and had a midwife who was just about go off shift see me and she checked me over and said that i was measuring a bit smaller then what my notes said she went to tell a doctor but never saw one so obviously no problem and she said i was 3cms dilated and they leave me for an hour to see if i got to 4cms if not they may send me home. So i got into some comfy clothes and walked up and down corridor,had a cup of tea and was introduced to the midwife i would have for the night who was lovely by time i had my fourth contraction i was asking for gas and air as they hurt so much and according to my OH were lasting a minute (thanks honey ) so midwife put me on that (good stuff) and examined me i had gone to 5cms and babys head was very low down my OH helped me take off my tshirt and put my nighty on and i stayed on the bed, midwife bought a tv in for OH and as i found out i'm a big pansy and after about 4 contractions with gas and air i asked for pethidone (even more good stuff) so she came and injected me with that and that's when i can't remember much so OH told me most of it.
Contractions were every 2 mins apart so my poor OH didn't get even much of a chance to go pee as i kept needing his hand to hold as it helped me through the contractions along with sucking back on the gas and air, he tried to get me to watch tv in the moments when i wasn't contracting but i was too out of it and half asleep so spent rest of labour with my eyes shut as too much energy was needed to open them apart from moment i opened my eyes to see light from the resucitator machine as they used it to heat up the towels and i asked if it was daylight, i was told no it still dark outside
Good thing i didn't stay at home till my waters broke as i was close to pushing when they went i thought i had wet myself, not sure how long my pushing time was but i was so relieved when she popped out she was born at 2.10am weighing 5lb 14ozs. Have to say my midwife was fantastic and looked after me well was nice being looked after like that, she looked after baby while left on bed to wake up and once baby had feed she ran me a bath and put me in there after that i got into pjs and we were left to sleep poor OH was on a bean bag but we both nodded off on and off only one who slept properly was Alexis. We were discharged at half 9 the next morning and have been home since getting lots of visitors and goodies. And Alexis was a very good girl and slept 6 hours the first night.
Only had a few cuts no tears and i didnt poo myself :happydance: also OH actually watched her be born (nearly fainted) and cut the cord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->