Mixed Signals!

Sweet_Pea

Reaction score
Earlier this month, DH and I decided that this would be my last month on the pill and we would do the whole NTNP. This decision was reached after us trying to decide for the past six to eight months about whether we want to TTC or WTT. Obviously I would much rather WTT than rush into TTC and end up getting pregnant before we are ready! Anyway, it was discussed and we decided yes, we'd do it. On my lunch break the next day I went to the bookstore and browsed for a WTT/TTC kinda book, found one and bought it.

When I showed DH the book I bought, to prepare and aware of what we/I have to do or should do, etc., he gets this mildy panicked look on his face and asks why I bought that book?! I couldn't belive it! I told him, I am not going into this blind, I plan on reading lots of books, asking friends/family questions, we should be well informed. I asked him why the flip-flop and that he is the one that brought up me coming off the pill in the first place! From his answer, I got the impression that he was perfectly fine with NTNP, but didn't expect me to get pregnant anytime soon. I realize statistically, he's probably right, it will probably be a few months of NTNP before I actually get pregnant BUT as you all know there is also a good chance with us being 28 and 29 years old and heathly that I may even get pregnant in a month or two! I'm getting total mixed signals from this man!!!! :wacko:

He wants me to stop this pill BUT gets a little panicked when I remind him that he could be a Dad in nine short months! Ugh, men! Did anyone else have this issue? Could it be just a case of normal nerves about being a Dad for the first time?! I plan on having a nice long talk about this with him. Sorry for the long posting but I just wanted to get my frustration out before hand! :haha:

I think it's normal for guys to get panicked every now and then at the prospect of becoming a new dad. As much as they want to become a new dad it's scary for them (as well as us) because of the unknown. If he wants you to come of the pill it sounds like he's ready to take the step. He probably was scared because you bringing home a book made it more real to him that there may very well be a new baby on the way sometime soon. My husband used to worry on and off when I was pregnant until he saw our little guy on the ultrasound, then all his worries melted away.

I think everyone has worries, I am like you I brought a load of books to read too, I like to be prepared, not going into such a big decision blind.

Thanks ladies!

Luckyme225, your answer made me feel tons better! I guess I shouldn't forget I'm the only one who can get nervous about this whole situation. We're still gonna have that chat, just to make sure we are totally on the same page. ;)

Damita, what books did you decide to read (if you don't mind me asking)? Anything you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->