Mixing formula

T

turbo_mom

I'm just wondering if anyone has any special tricks to mixing their formula? I always have alot of lumps which I try to mash out but there's always alot of lumps and stuff at the very bottom of my mixing cup. It's quite annoying... I tried it in a blender but there was too much froth... Lemme know :D

Do you make up your bottles, cool, warm up in jug/warmer?

We do & when we added the milk to cooled water first we often found this happening so we heat the water on its own first then add the milk adding back to the water if needed and don't seem to have the same problem now :D

yeah thats what I do too.

I sterilise my bottles, boil the kettlw and then fill all the bottles with the reqiured amount of water. Then I fill my tomee timpee formula pots with the forumla and leave them till needed. Like Wobbles I then heat the water when needed before adding the formula so that it disolves quicker and doesn't leave lumps.

Naimi x

I do the same. I boil the kettle, pour out the water first, then put in the scoops and shake (opening the top regularly so the bottle doesnt pop), I'm naughty though, I chuck them straight in the fridge to cool :lol:

Hi when you make bottle using cooled boiled water add formula and give it a really good shake that usually got lumps out for me then stand them to cool rest of the way in sink of cold water then store in fridge when cooled hope that helps you

Hiya, we make up bottles by meauring out the right amount of cool boiled water then refridgerate till cold..then take a bottle out the fridge about an hour before Oliver needs his feed and add formula to the cold water.. it mixes easy without the lumps! By the time he's ready for his feed its gone to room temp which is how he likes it and that way its only been standing there an hour so its stil quite safe to give him. I find if u add formula to warm water it doesnt mix well at all, the heat curdles it. If u want to heat it, id try gently warming it after you've added the formula, not before and only make it so its lukewarm any hotter i cant get it to mix at all. xx

I do the same. I boil the kettle, pour out the water first, then put in the scoops and shake (opening the top regularly so the bottle doesnt pop), I'm naughty though, I chuck them straight in the fridge to cool :lol:
You know the main reason for that is YOUR food lol? Not necessarily naughty - esspecially if you have meat in the fridge! Because bottles are so hot it changes the temp of your fridge in short! :D

You know the main reason for that is YOUR food lol? Not necessarily naughty - esspecially if you have meat in the fridge! Because bottles are so hot it changes the temp of your fridge in short! :D

hahaha!! it's just as well we don't have any food....:rofl:

well I make upn a large batch before hand in a large measuring cup because we don't have the time nor patience to mix formula on demand! I usually try to make up at least 2 days worth. But i'll try the other sugestions! Thx ladies!

In the UK it shouldn't be any more than 24 hours worth of bottles (just water)! Is it not the same over there? I've premade bottles (the naughty way as thats a no no too here) but only 12 hours worth. To do that boil water, cool for 30 minutes, add to bottles, add milk, swirl to dis-solve powder for 30 seconds, cool a lil more if still too hot for fridge then fridge!

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_851_10751_-1__14843_10001_

i found this, might help? Its a formula mixer!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->