MMC after taking 7 years to conceive...what now?

Sparky67

Reaction score
My OH and I got married 7 years ago, and started trying straight away. I have a 20 year old and he has a 12 year old from previous relationships, neither of which we had any difficulty in conceiving.

However, nothing happened for us. After a while we got some tests done, and a post coital test showed that I had killed off all his sperm, so we were told that I was hostile to him. We were told it would not be impossible to conceive, but very unlikely.

Anyway, after a few years we sort of got used to the idea it was never going to happen and got on with life.

However, completely out of the blue in February, we fell pregnant. I had a MMC at 9 weeks.

We have been completely thrown by this - we thought it was not possible for us to conceive, now we know it is. But, I am 42, mearly 43, and time is running out for us. We are definately thinking about trying again, but we are too old for assistance on the NHS and to be honest the odds of success are so small its not something I would want to consider paying for.

But - can we get a referral to anyone that could advise us on what we could do to maximise the chances, rather than full IUI/IVF? It's not necessarily as straightforward as just trying again - I haven't got 7 years to hit the jackpot again.

Can anyone advise whether we can get any help as this is all new to me? I am in the UK.

Thanks

I wish I could help you but I don't know just didn't want to read and run. So sorry for your loss that must have been quite a blow! I wonder if something like preseed would help save his sperm from your hostile cm? Just a wondering I don't know! Hope someone can be of more help! Xx

Hi Sparky67,

I am so sorry to hear your news, I am no expert but I have been reading round on the subject of your immune system being hostile to conception. there is a book that was recommended to me by a GP friend, I got on amazon called

is your body baby-friendly by Alan E. Beer (MD),

the late Dr Beer has a technique claimed to have a success rate of 85% within 3 cycles, these were for couples that everyone else had written off after numerous failures on IVF etc.

I beleive the same methodology is used in the UK by Dr. Terenisi, London (ignore all the bad press, he is expensive but I know friends who have had success with him), there is also another Doc up north who also follows this technique but I can't remmebr the name.

hope that is of some help

sending baby dust your way!

T x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back