MMC found at 12w scan, no HB from 7w, D&C at 13w, BFP 4w later! Whaaaaat!!

BroodyBecks

Mummy to Arabella
Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Confused.com

I had an MMC, I found out about it at my 12w scan, no heatbeat from 7w, so had the D&C at 13w.

Tomorrow It will be exactly 4 weeks since the D&C and i got an unexpected BFP today at the docs! Whaaaaat!! they only wanted to check that the levels were down!!

That is 10 weeks since the babys heart stopped, surely the hormones would had reduced to 0 by now???

anyone else had this???

HELP

Becks XXX

Hi Becs

Sorry for yourt losses.

I haven't but if your dr does another blood test on Monday they'll be able to tell you for sure.

Lot's of people do get pg before their first af but without knowing which way the hcg is going it is only guessing.

Fxd for a sticky bfp :)

hx

Hi Becs,

Sorry for you loss. Not to be negative or anything, but I still had BFP from my MMC at 4 weeks post d&c. I hope isn't the case for you. The only way to find out is if your levels continue to rise. Best of luck to you.

Hi Becs,

Sorry for you loss. Not to be negative or anything, but I still had BFP from my MMC at 4 weeks post d&c. I hope isn't the case for you. The only way to find out is if your levels continue to rise. Best of luck to you.

Hi Round2

Thanks so much for writing!!!

How long did it take for your levels to go down? its so good to have advice from someone who has been through the same thing....:thumbup:

I am not thinking the BFP is for real at the mo, im keeping level headed and at the mo think it may be the levels

xxx

No problem.....I'm glad I could help.

I tested every week for 5 weeks. I had a faint BFP at 4 weeks and it was gone by 5 weeks. I think I must have had some tissue left over from the D&C because I bled for 4 weeks on and off. Once that stopped, my HCG dropped and my cycle started again. I OV'd at 5 weeks and got AF at 7 weeks. I'm just about to OV for 2nd time this weeked.

Do you temp? That would be a good way to find out if you're preggers or not. I felt so much better once I could see where I was in my cycle.

I really hope it's a real BFP for you. Keep us posted!!

No problem.....I'm glad I could help.

I tested every week for 5 weeks. I had a faint BFP at 4 weeks and it was gone by 5 weeks. I think I must have had some tissue left over from the D&C because I bled for 4 weeks on and off. Once that stopped, my HCG dropped and my cycle started again. I OV'd at 5 weeks and got AF at 7 weeks. I'm just about to OV for 2nd time this weeked.

Do you temp? That would be a good way to find out if you're preggers or not. I felt so much better once I could see where I was in my cycle.

I really hope it's a real BFP for you. Keep us posted!!

I haven't started temping again as im waiting for AF! Didnt realise temping can show pregnancy? can you explain please :blush:
I didnt really bleed much, had mainly spotting for a week after D&C.
I have had a few little bleeds since though (after BD'ing)???

Thanks so much for your advice, it has helped soooooo much :hugs:

xxx

I started temping after the bleeding stopped. My temps were a little sporadic at first, then they returned to their normal pre-OV range. One week later I got a temperature shift. All my temps stayed high, so I knew that I have OV'd. Then they dropped once AF arrived.

When you're preggers you temps stay high. You could try taking your temps and after a few days you might see a pattern. If you have a shift up or down, then you're probably not preggo. BUT, I certainly wouldn't put too much confidence in this as you temps tend to be erratic after a MC. Really, the true test is too see if your HCG goes up or down.

Why are things so complicated? Agrrrhhhhhhh!!!

Thanks girls

xxx

Becks - i had my erpc on 23apr, and i never really bled afterwards.

i took a preg test about 10 days later and it was NEGATIVE.. so i think your hormone levels can reduce VERY QUICKLY.

Additionally, my friend had a MC and fell pregnant lilterally within a few days. She found out she was 6 wks pregnant, literally 6weeks after her loss.... so it CAN HAPPEN.

Good luck XX

Becks - i had my erpc on 23apr, and i never really bled afterwards.

i took a preg test about 10 days later and it was NEGATIVE.. so i think your hormone levels can reduce VERY QUICKLY.

Additionally, my friend had a MC and fell pregnant lilterally within a few days. She found out she was 6 wks pregnant, literally 6weeks after her loss.... so it CAN HAPPEN.

Good luck XX

OMG Kafs78 Thats the exact date I had my ERPC!!!!
Have you had your AF yet??

xxx

really?

No AF yet, but we have been trying since about 8 May...
I started a thread about ovulation signs, as im not sure if i am.. have been.. or are still too.

Obv I would love no AF to come, and just a BFP.. but i dont imagine im that lucky. Instead im trying to gage when my AF will come.

Right now my pants have a cloudy discharge on them (enough to wear panty liners)

Kathleen

Just re-read your thread.

i also got my 12wks scan and baby dies between 8 - 9 weeks..

So when did you first have sex?

Our situs are VERY similar

Just re-read your thread.

i also got my 12wks scan and baby dies between 8 - 9 weeks..

So when did you first have sex?

Our situs are VERY similar

Think we first had sex about a week later as they told me we could once the bleeding stopped. We took it easy though
Our situs are extreamly similar!!

Its exactly 4 weeks since D&C, how are you bearing up hon? :hugs:

xxx

generally im ok, quite headstrong and just tell myself " it wasnt meant to be" and that my time will come. I have a 5yr old right now, so she keeps me busy!

I still think about what SHOULD have been everyday......suppose its just lifes cruel way of dealing with things.

U?

Up and down really, this was my 2nd MC and we haven't any kids yet :cry:

It hit us really hard as we never thought we would have another MC, we bought a few things once we passed 12 weeks without any complications and made plans.

Nevermind, like you said...........we believe it wasnt our time.

God this is weird, getting a BFP that might not be a BFP if you know what i mean!!

I will give it a week or so and do another test, what do you think?:shrug:

xx

If it was me i would have had about 10 tests done already!

the only way you will know for sure is go back to your doc and get your bloods done. If your levels have risen then PARTY TIME!!!

Do you feel preg in any way?

Funny enough I have been feeling sick for the last 3 evenings????? not horrendously though!

I have been getting wind and little cramps as well but thought I was coming on??

If i am preganant this will be my third pregnancy, in my time i have spent a fortune on tests, spent hours thinking im going to be a mummy and realised no matter how many tests I do it wont change the outcome........basically im fed up dreaming!!!

Sooooo i think im going to be more sensible this time and take it easy on the tests!! get me!! hee hee

I bet i do another 5 by the end of next week:haha:

xx

aye u talk a good talk, but you know you will do more test!

i remember when i found out i was preg in March 2010, i had loadsa wind....strange how i remember that eh??

Gawd you must be soooooooo xcited, but equally as nervous. Think + chick and your dream will come true,,,

keep me posted

Fingers crossed this is a new pregnancy for you hun, will you go for bloods? xx

Fingers crossed this is a new pregnancy for you hun, will you go for bloods? xx

Hi hon, I have decided to wait a week and do another test! I know, I know I'm mad!
I'm just so fed up with docs and hospitals!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->