mmr and school

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
i hope this is the right place for this

ive decided not to get leyla or naomie their mmr, however, someone told me today that kids who havent had mmr are not allowed to go to school??? wtf?? i was hoping to homeschool anyways but obv that might not end up happening for whatever reason, i dont know, i guess i just want to ask if anyone has not given their child the mmr and how they have dealt with their schooling?

x

Rubbish, not compulsory to give them the MMR. No need to worry

I personally am against the whole not vaccinating your children but I dont think they arent allowed to go to school. I have never heard that before. Check with your council though.

Nope, that's tosh. It is not compulsory to have the MMR or any other jabs :)

In fact most authorities aren't brilliantly happy about homeschooling - they'd rather have kids in schools. So something like a jab isn't gonna stop you sending them x

I dont think it matters for schools. But i have heard them asking university students and then asking them to have it if they havent already. That could have just been during an epidemic though so probably nothing to worry about long term either :flower:

Very interesting that it isn't required for schools over there. It is here but states have exemptions (it varies from state to state but they all have medical in case you are allergic to the ingredients or something like that). We have to fill out an exemption and have it notarized every 2yrs to update the boys files and so they can still be in school

I dont know much about homeschooling but I definitely havent heard about not being allowed into schools.

it was on tv that there thinking about bringing in this rule a few weeks back maybe thats what the person heard ? x

ah yeh maybe, i hope they dont :wacko: or at least i hope they bring back single injections instead x

my LO's school have never asked I dont think. My son didnt have the boosters

A friend of mine didn't give her kids the MMR and her son got into school with no problems so as far as I know you should be fine :) x

Laws are different here but I had to write a letter stating why I was refusing [strongly held religious belief] and it was put on file with the school nurse. I have to write one every year and once DD is in school I will have to write one for her as well.

When British people say jabs I can't help but picture some crazy person running at someone with a needle.

They ask you on the forms you fill in for school, but if you put a note on there as to why then can't see it being a problem. My ds can't have his because of medical reasons x

I was asking a genuine question as to why in general people wouldnt give there child the jabs as ive never thought to evan question not giving my baby the jabs lol. Or is it something you dont belive in? Im not being rude ive just never known anyone not to have it is why im asking.

Dw hun ive just done a little search and now understand why i never knew there were risks from mmr vaccine always thought was safe as everyone ive known has always had it :/
Whats the odds of catching mmr anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"