mmr and school

ah right, sorry babes, thought you were being snotty, ive just come on, blame hormones :haha:

i heard (i dno if its mmr) but it dangerous to children who are at risk to be mixing with un vaccinated children.. so in a sense not vaccinating ure perfectly healthy child could put a less well child at risk ...

i think it should be a rule tho yeah but as it stands ure child can go to school x

We do not live in a dictatorship. How would you like it if you HAD to breastfeed, you HAD to use a dummy, and your rights were taken away from you?

No you don't have to vaccinate your children if you don't want to. You make an informed decision and don't let people bully you into it.

i heard (i dno if its mmr) but it dangerous to children who are at risk to be mixing with un vaccinated children.. so in a sense not vaccinating ure perfectly healthy child could put a less well child at risk ...

i think it should be a rule tho yeah but as it stands ure child can go to school x

This is true, I have VERY strong views AGAINST vaccinating so Ellie please don't think I am being a bitch :lol: and if Tegan was healthy she would NOT be vaccinated but she has additional health needs and her mixing with children who are not vaccinated could be dangerous for her. From the point of view of the parent of a child who is already ill, you not vaccinating your child could put mine in a compromised position (if that makes sense?) BUT from the opposite end of the scale, the parent I would be were Tegan not already at risk, vaccinations are disgusting and why do people routinely allow their children to be pumped full of the crap they are made of...

I know in some private nurserys it is in the "rules" that your child is vax'ed. I do think it will be bought into schools shortly. I don't agree with it at all.

We do not live in a dictatorship. How would you like it if you HAD to breastfeed, you HAD to use a dummy, and your rights were taken away from you?

No you don't have to vaccinate your children if you don't want to. You make an informed decision and don't let people bully you into it.

True but would any of those examples potentially harm another child? Whereas not taking the jab is putting potential sick children in risk, not to mention healthy.

to the OP -
Im not bashing , its completly your choice , just thought i'd point that out :) ive heard a few children pass from this horrible illness due to not being vaccinated or they were already sick but a child not vaccinated did pass it. So im completly firm on getting vaccinated.

So i can see why they would want to bring this into school , it may be compleltly ok for you not to vaccinate , but it can be potentially dangerous to everyone elses children if you know what i mean? So im not sure but i'd be surprised if they didnt bring them into school , although if you are going through with homeschool it wouldnt matter :)

My girls have had every single jab. Not because they were 10 weeks early because I believe they are given for a reason.
I dont agree with people not vaccinating but at the end of the day it is their choice.
I wouldnt want to be forced into doing something. I do however think it does potentially put children already suffering from an illness at a greater risk.

Did you find out in the end about the schools in your area?

I would contact the council if not.
I have just applied for the twins school nursery placement and in May I will see if any of those questions are asked they werent on the application.

I don't understand why people don't vaccinate their children either but hey ho. Measles is actually making a massive comeback at the minute. Your child might seem healthy but they are putting other children at risk in places like schools. Don't think it affects whether they can attend school or not

see on one hand im really worried if either of them do get them and die, i'll feel awful obviously, or if they do get it and pass it on :( but ive read about the effects of getting the MMR and im scared to risk it :( cant win either way i dont think x

Caitlyn had hers delayed and really declined quickly, she had a rash, she stopped walking for two weeks, she stopped speaking and was a very clingy little girl. I'm glad she's had it done though as we interact with other babies a fair bit and I'd hate if she got mumps and passed it onto a boy or if she got measles and passed it onto another baby so I've taken ever preventative measure possible.

Schools will let your child go to school without it, you just fill in the form with a reason as to why you've not had them done. They wont question it :)

I get what you mean Ellie. The reason I gave it was that side effects were extremely rare. G never had any. Knowing she would be vaccinated against diseases which can be fatal especially in young children, outweighed the "risks." not everyone feels that way though obviously. I think measles is making a comeback because of the increase in people refusing to give their children the mmr. But you can't force someone into giving their child a vaccination so if they decide against it, imo, it's putting their own childrens life at risk as well as others. That said, I'm sure there are genuine reasons as to why people don't allow their children to be vaccinated which is fair enough. It's a free country so they're entitled to make their own decisions

I had mixed views on MMR, but decided to vaccinate because the "pros" outweighed the "cons" for me, my brother had rubella and was extremely ill from it. I can see why others refuse it though, make the decision thats best for you and your family x

Only 4 months, I'd have delayed it for longer but I wanted her done when Liam was off so he could take her...she also had suspected measles [a rash that was bumpy] at one point so I did it sooner.

Schools are not able to stop children starting school if they don't have the MMR.

All I would ever ask is that if your child does have measles or any other contagious disease, please let the school know. It sounds obvious but so many parents never tell the school and as a result, vulnerable people can be exposed. Not just children but staff too. This is close to my heart as a child I taught had slapped cheek when I was pg but she did not think she should tell us as she presumed I was past when it mattered in my pg. I wasn't. I had a high risk pregnancy due to my history and I was not immune. My consultant signed me off work immediately to remove me from the situation but I would otherwise have continued to be exposed without ever knowing and the outcome of that could have been fatal for my daughter.

in the United States a child has to have certain vaccines to go to public school.
the MMR is one of them
so is Chicken Pox (which I just think is wrong but law requires I send them to school so what amd I gonna do?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->