MMR or Single Vaccines - HELP!

LittleMissV

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I wasn't sure where to post this so apologies if it's in the wrong place!

My DD is due to have her first MMR jab soon and I'm now in two minds as to whether to give it to her or not. Both my OH and I have had it and never had any problems as a result (or non that we know of!). I've always thought it's fine to give to children as it's been used for so long and imo the pro's outweigh the cons but now the time has come for my LO to have it I don't know what to do for the best.

Thought you lovely ladies could offer me some words of advice/wisdom if you can.

Thanks in advance.
x

i would never refuse myy child a jab/vaccine unless the side effects were serious. I know it makes themm ill afterwards for awhile but in the long run, it protects them so i would definitelyy go ahead. Is there anything specific whats changed your mind about lo having it? X

If you can afford the single vaccines and have them avaliable, i would definitely choose that route x

It's my MIL really...she has a DD aged 3 and gave her the separate vaccines, she claims that the MMR is dangerous and far too much for a little body to handle. If I'm honest, I just tend to switch off when she starts jabbering on about it as she's made her views very clear and I think her scare tactics are wrong! The way I see though is that the risks associated with the jab are far less than those associated with the illnesses. Just wondered what your thoughts were. Thanks for replying. :)

Maybe she's up for paying for the separates then?

Then everyone is happy.

Well look I will be giving separates for my own reasons but it's really your choice to weigh up the pros n cons of everything

What is it that you're afraid of? I had this brain racking decision a couple of weeks ago and we went ahead and gave her the mmr. The way I see it is if she were to get measles mumps or rubella then she could potentially be brain damaged, deaf, or have some other form of disability and for me that far outweighs the "risks" of getting jabbed. So far, she's been absolutely fine. And the autism link has been disproven. Not only are the single jabs expensive but you are risking your child catching the others whilst waiting to have the next jab.

I agree with above poster.
Mmr I would always make sure my kids have it forget what others say its your choice.

The MMR...... like all vacinations there are small risks i dont see the need for single vaccinations, the 3 parts of the MMR work at different times over a 6 week period. The single vaccinations means your child will need 6 seperate vaccinations rather than 2. It also leaves them open to catching one of the illnesses longer than neccesary and as the illnesses are making a comeback in our society its not worth the risk even more so, x

As there is a significant absence of scientific proof that the single vaccinations are any less "risky" than the combined MMR, I don't think you need to get too anxious. :hugs: Personally, I'd much rather have fewer jabs. I think it makes the whole process easier and less traumatic for the kiddies.

All 3 in one go was fine for us, if it's fine for the mass of the population it's good enough for us. I see things as very black and white.....the NHS has little money, it needs us to be as healthy as possible so it is needed less, so it is obviously happy the MMR in one go does the job with little side effects or it wouldn't be worth their while doing it as they'd be dealing with the side affects. Everyone in my family has had it and we were all fine, and Elliot was absolutely fine afterwards. Way I see it is, quicker he gets jabbed the sooner he is immune! He goes to nursery/childminder so wanted him jabbed up as quickly as possible lol.

It would cost just 1 pound per vaccination to have them separately, which I think most people would be willing to pay if they had the choice.

Single vaccines are not licensed in the uk, therefore no safety or effectiveness testing.

No vaccine is licensed.

It doesnt mean they are not tested, it just means they are regulated differently.

What is it that you're afraid of? I had this brain racking decision a couple of weeks ago and we went ahead and gave her the mmr. The way I see it is if she were to get measles mumps or rubella then she could potentially be brain damaged, deaf, or have some other form of disability and for me that far outweighs the "risks" of getting jabbed. So far, she's been absolutely fine. And the autism link has been disproven. Not only are the single jabs expensive but you are risking your child catching the others whilst waiting to have the next jab.

I agree :thumbup:, both my boys had MMR.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->