• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mobile speed cameras?

Piggywinkle

Reaction score
Just gone past a mobile speed camera on a 30 road, doing about 33/34 - slowed down as soon as I saw it, think it was too late though :(

Anyone else been in a similar situation? What should I expect?

If you got caught, a letter through the post, 3 point and an (£80 I think) fine.

I think you'll probably be okay if it was only 33 mph, pretty sure there is a 10% give in it, but could be wrong. X

You should be fine if it was only a couple of MPH over, but when my OH got a speeding fine it was £60 and 3 points. (he was doing way over the limit, the stupid arse :dohh:)

Nothing, expect nothing

You do get a certain percentage plus your speedo is usually showing one or two mph faster than your actual speed

It's usually 10%+2 that you're 'allowed' so i doubt very much you will receive anything.

Thanks ladies - spoke to my friend this afternoon, she got done on the same stretch of road doing 36mph but because it was her first offence, she was offered an £80 fine and attending a speed awareness course rather than the £60 fine + 3 penalty points. I definitely wasn't over 35 as I'd just pulled out of a junction and was building up speed when I noticed the van but it was too late by then :(

The road in question used to be 40mph zone, but there were a few accidents down there last year, hence the new speed limit and mobile cameras. It's quite an open road, so easy to go over the speed limit and not realise it :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->