Moby wrap or mei tai?

pandv

Mummy to Dylan & Charlie
Reaction score
We have a babasling at the minute. It's ok but not the most comfortable thing in the world and I dread to think what it will be like as C gets older. I'm looking at either a mei tai or moby and just wanted some opinions before I make a decision.

Thanks

I brought a mei tai and it wasn't too bad when Lo was small but I have neck and shoulder problems and this really hurts me carrying my 21lb baby. My sister swapped her moby for it and I love it :cloud9: I can carry him for long perids with no probs. The only down side is you cant back carry with it, where you can with a mei tai.

Claire was a pork chop so she got too heavy to be supported properly with our Cuddlywrap (similar to a Moby). I love our Babyhawk (mei tai) and have gotten so much more use out of it, it doesn't owe us a cent! :haha:

We got the Cuddlywrap when Claire was 3 months-ish, but the time she was 9 months she was too heavy for it.

We bought the Babyhawk when she was 9 months, she's 20 months now and can still use it. Front or back carry, and she absolutely loves it. Gets excited when she sees it and upset when we take her out. :cloud9:

Thanks ladies. After a bit of research I've decided to go for a moby style wrap as LO is still quite young and the mei tai would probably not be the best way to carry him atm. I am currently waiting for it to arrive and am quite excited to try it out. We may get a mei tai as LO gets older for back carrying etc.

Thanks ladies. After a bit of research I've decided to go for a moby style wrap as LO is still quite young and the mei tai would probably not be the best way to carry him atm. I am currently waiting for it to arrive and am quite excited to try it out. We may get a mei tai as LO gets older for back carrying etc.

I reckon that's probably the best choice for a younger baby, I've just got a couple of MTs which I'm loving but I don't think my LO would have liked it as much when he was smaller. He still loves his wrap but at the moment I'm using the wrap when I want to get him to sleep or the MT if I'm trying to kill time between feeds etc :) He's coming up 5 months and weighs almost 17lb, I tried him in a back carry a couple of days back but he's still too small for it, I was curious though!

Plus the Moby will be all nice and snuggly for winter :)

My wrap came on Saturday and I'm really pleased with it. C seems so snuggly in there and content. It's much easier on my back and shoulders than the babsling and not too fiddly to put on. Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->