Moby wrap?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Would you ladies recomend this?

We have a mei tai which i love but would like something a bit less restricting in summer.

River is a big old baby 18lbs minimum, would it suit us?

any help would be appreciated :thumbup:

I am still waiting on my moby, but from talking others i think an ellaroo might suit?

It quite thick woven so should distribute bubs weight more.

With River being bigger Id suggest a woven wrap over a Moby. Mobys can start to sag after a few hours with bigger babies in but it does depend how long you are going to be carrying her for

now firstly please remember slings kill babies !! :dohh: ok sorry i couldnt resist....

TBH i wouldnt say so hun, i have a Moby (and love it) but its not supportive enough now that daisy is getting heavier, you will probably find that River would start to sag after a little while in it and that might make your back a little sore......you would be better off with a woven wrap...they are more supportie for older bubbas and because they are woven (not stretchy) they dont sag with weight. They do take a little more getting used to but definately worth it :) HTH's

sara

xxxxxxx

Iv ordered a moby as Imi is only 8lb 5oz so she wont be too heavy for a while!

As soon as she get a bit plumper and the moby start to sag, im going for an ellaroo.

Just have to convince DH its not just an expensive scarf!

Caitlyn's 20lbs [I know!] and fits in hers fine still...longest I've carried her for is 5 hours :flower:

oh Daisy still fits in hers no problem its just the sagging issue...i have to tie her in really really tight to stop it but then you h=can seee all my fat rolls :sick:

I dont get sagging yet but Caitlyn holds on to me [clearly doesn't trust me :haha:] so I think that might be why? I have a customised Mei Tai on the way as a gift from a friend! Cant wait to try it out! :)

I'm not sure what you mean about restricting? But if your looking for something unrestricting I wouldn't go for a wrap :lol: your all wrapped in! Its about as restricted as you get! They aren't as quick as a mei tai to get on and off, BUT if you still deffo want a wrap I'd go for a woven :) muuuuuch nicer than stretchy ones!

sorry i meant i like how you can have them facing out in the moby wrap. can you do that in a woven one?

Ahhh get you now :lol: ! Yeah you can! the only difference between the moby and a woven is that a woven is a bit more strong holding. Well and wovens are a bit more expensive!

You can have them facing out but its down to personal choice, I wouldnt personally as when they are facing out they cant sheild themselves from things (light/noises etc) also if they wanted to sleep it would make it difficult without having to take it off and put it back on again. also if you were to take a fall (not extremely likely but could still happen!) they might end up hurting their face.

Have you tried hip carries? makes it easier for them to see about without having to have them forward facing :) x

i have a gypsy mama woven wrap and am completely in love with it!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->