Moldy bottle nipple-Baby drank from!

laxobellavida

Reaction score
I think my baby just drank from a moldy bottle nipple! :( When I went to wash the bottle (Dr. Brown's), i noticed blackish spots on the underside of the nipple, where it goes through the white ring (i don't know what its called). I usually put them in a pot and hand wash them but since i have two of them, i'm not sure if its the one he JUST drank from. My husband usually washes the bottles but this time he failed to separate the nipples from the white ring. We have about 15 bottles we have on the bottle holder so i'm not sure if it was there for a day and didn't dry-forming mold. I'm seriously freaking out and I'm scared my son is going to get sick. This is the first time this has happened. Should I be really worried? :( He seems to be acting fine.

I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. My husband once gave our daughter milk in a bottle that was about 24 hours old. I'd left it on the table and forgotten to rinse it out, and he picked it up thinking it was the one I'd just made and asked him to feed her. She was fine. Probably only helped her immune system. We come in contact with lots of molds, bacterias, etc. in daily life and while it's not a good thing to do all the time, more than likely it won't cause any harm this one time either.

I'm sure the baby will be fine....are you sure it's mold? Maybe something from the dishes got on the nipple? Not sure black mold can grow overnight...

I used Dr Browns too, and that ring part goes under where you screw the top to the bottle part where baby would have no contact...

Even if it was somehow mold and baby ingested a tiny bit I'm sure they will be fine, at worst may have an upset tummy?

If you are really worried you can try calling the dr. I know how stressful these things can be :hugs:

thank you ladies. he seems to be acting fine-still his happy self. Never thought being a FTM would be this stressful with worrying about everything. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->