Mole?

Koifish

Reaction score
My son is a bit over 2 years old and has sensitive skin (not fair skinned). We always use sunscreen, rash guard and hat. Over the last 5 months he developed a mole on the side of his face that’s orangish in color and is now asymmetric. I am going to make an appointment tomorrow as I am very concerned. Has anyone else’s child had this before?? Was it ok? Is it normal this young to get a mole? I have no experience and his mole is freaking me out!

My oldest has a mole on the top of his head (covered by hair). When getting my own skin check-up (I have lots of moles and we're at risk for Melanoma here in Australia) anyway he said that they usually don't recommend screening kids for changes in moles as moles will grow with kids and some lighten while others darken. I think you're doing the right thing getting it checked if it's worrying you but melanoma in children is very rare.

My daughter has a mole on her lower back she was born with and a teeny one has developed in the fold of her thumb and finger. So yeah its normal but get it checked for reassurance. I was shocked she had one at birth but her dad has a few so i guess she takes after him x

My 2 month old has one on the side of his foot, no sun exposure other than incidental getting in and out of the car if he happened to not have socks/footed clothes (very rare)

My daughter was born with a 7mm mole on her ankle. We have had it checked twice but they barely look at it before agreeing it's fine. Melanoma is really rare in children, Miles are really common.

My dd has developed two more small moles since then. Both the size of pinpricks.

Both my partner and I are quite moley.

I also have a largish mole I have had since a few weeks old. It is raised and has hair, I dislike it but I have had it checked and always watch it close and it is perfectly healthy.

Hi, my son developed his first mole or beauty spot around 2 years ago on his back. I asked the doctor who said it was perfectly fine. He now has a very small one on his top lip. I guess they will just keep appearing :)

My daughter developed a mole when she was around 18 months old. It's still there now and has never changed or grown or anything.

Thanks for the responses it makes me feel better! He got bad sun blisters even after being lathered in sunscreen/having a shirt, pants and hat on. We try to be extra careful as we know he has sensitive skin and that freaked me out already. I do have moles but most of mine appeared as a teen. It just sounded like moles weren’t common in young children/toddlers and were more common in teens so that freaked me out. I know the internet is a bad place to dig around in sometimes 😑 The joys of parenthood!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->