Molly Patience Burns

RAFMrs

I got a little thistle..
Reaction score
She's here. 41weeks, and we have our baby girl.

Had my sweep Tues morning and was determined for midwife to do a good job, so told her to do her worst and hurt me as much as she likes. Indeed she did. 2 hours later at home, I was convinced something was happening, twinges in my bits and felt they were coming about 40 seconds apart so got the stopwatch out and sat trying to read my book convinced it would probably be another false alarm.

2 hours later, I casually mentioned to Dyl that they were coming every minute but as I was in no real pain I wasn't bothered, I'd just hopefully wake up during the night in full blown labour. So it was now time to watch One Born Every Minute whilst bouncing on my ball, chuckling at the telly wondering what the women were making such fuss about. Oops.

11pm came, went to bed but suddenly realised I could hardly breath thru these pains, sp Dyl rang birth centre and we went over to get checked. 2cms dilated. Crap. I thought I'd be more than that cos I was in agony. I was a grumpy mare by this time and was convinced the midwife on duty had got it wrong, but reluctantly went home again to try and sleep. Remind me never ever to travel by cranky old camper van when you're in labour...it's agony.

Anyway, we got home, tried to sleep but I could barely breath let alone sleep. Decided to run a bath. Dyl at this point I may add was convinced I was gonna be hours away so he casually said he was gonna grab a quick kip. Yes dear..!
So I'm in the bath, dizzy as you like, pouring hot water over bump with every contraction as I thought it helped. Looking back, I'm not sure it did..just occupied my mind thru the pain. Eventually decided I couldn't take it any more and feebly called for Dyl to wake up. Finally woke him up and he helped me out the bath. As I stood up, a flood of blood left me and I think i went into shock, I was shaking so much and he had to dress me whilst I left a lovely red puddle on our brand new floor. Oops.

Got to the birth centre and they thought I'd be 3/4cms. I was in a total daze..unable to stand or put a sentance together. Examined me..7cms. Midwife asked if I'd like some gas, tried it but felt so sick and didn't think it helped really so just laid down and battled on thru. She started to fill the pool for me but then I lost lots more blood and the call was made for me to get transferred to QA hospital by ambulance. Cue me panicing, Dyl flapping, and all this time baby heartbeat was just perfect. She wasn't fazed at all. I got loaded in the ambulance, the guys had a problem with their gas n air tubes so I was left with nothing for half the journey..I just remember hearing the siren and totally zoning out. Can't tell you what I was thinking about just that I was wishing for Dyl to be there. He had to follow down in the camper cos we had our dog with us as we have no one to leave him with.

Got to hospital and examined, and given gas an air. still 7cms. Bleeding had stopped and it was time to get cracking. Had a lovely 18yr old ambulance lad observing the birth, and a nice midwife but not in the same league as the birth centre girls. They don't explain procedures, just take over control of your body without informing you. Not what I wanted for my birth but hardly in a position to complain. Dyl arrived after getting lost, and I was happy again.

Rather uneventful then til it came round to crowning her..I had pethidine and it made the contractiones wear off so each time i pushed I could only do 2 with each contraction. Not enough ooomph behind them so she just laid there for an hour while I battled to shove her head thru. In the endd I was demanding they just suck her out "with one of those bloody sucky things!" but I soon realised the only was she was coming out was for me to grow some bollocks and shove her out with the next contraction. It's so true, your body just pushes and you lose control of yourself and go into autopilot. The feeling of her leaving me was the strangest ever, like I had popped or burst. There she was..Dyl told me we had a beutiful girl. Midwife then said we had a boy. Clueless. Obviously she's a girl.

Escaped with no stitches, just a very painful backside as I have a lovely dose of piles. Quite a mild escape I gather. Tho I did manage to bite straight thru my bottom lip and shred it while in the late stages of labour.

Got discharged 2 hours later as I wanted to go home, but we went to the birth centre for the night as I thought it was the sensible thing to do. Not really, hearing other women in pain turned my stomach and I just wanted to be home with my girl and Dyl, so we discharged ourselves the next morning (yesterday) and have been happy at home ever since.

She's so peaceful and content. And we're very proud.

Molly Patience Burns, 7lb8oz.

Attachments

• Molly 4 hours old.jpg
    Molly 4 hours old.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 28
  • P02-04-10_14.04[01].jpg
    P02-04-10_14.04[01].jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 22
  • P02-04-10_13.26.jpg
    P02-04-10_13.26.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 22
  • P31-03-10_20.38.jpg
    P31-03-10_20.38.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 15
aww sounds a little scarey at times - but all worked out fine :) shes sooo cute congratulations xxxx

Love the black and white pic of you and Molly. You're all just too cute. Loves ya Betty. (Slightly pissed that my words of encouragement/micky taking didn't make your birth story!!) xxxx

Love the black and white pic of you and Molly. You're all just too cute. Loves ya Betty. (Slightly pissed that my words of encouragement/micky taking didn't make your birth story!!) xxxx

COuildn't have done it without your amazing piss taking skills...but didn't want the whole BnB forum to know you christened me Sweaty Betty.....x

Congrats on your baby girl! Sorry you didn't get to stay in the birth centre but glad all is OK anyway. well done!

congrats chick you did it!!!!! yay she's beautiful

welcome the world of motherhood- the most confusing job EVER lol x

aww i remember you from 3rd tri,

congratulations on your little Molly, shes a cutie! And very good weight too as i remember your perfect little bump from the bumps section!! :D

congrats again, and all the happiness in the world to you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->